My dad bought an electric today

• Members

I think he used to own one a long time ago (talking like 30+) years. He plays acoustic and has a couple guitars but has been getting more into electrics when playing mine. I have a Samick UM-3. He calls me up and tells me he got one too. Pretty flippin sweet. Now he's asking me about amp recommendations...it's only a matter of time before he is browsing tonefactor looking for boutique pedals. ;)

Anyway, here's what it looks like...I love these guitars.

1_3047a.jpg

• Members

That's a great guitar, I've sold the Samick stuff for a few years now and their stuff just gets better and better. I like the vintage burst on that model better than the "original sunburst" which is basically a slightly faded cherry burst.

That said, I have an AV6, which is the LP lookalike, in original sunburst, which I dearly love.

Now you guys just need to get together and jam!

• Members

Sweet. That is cool that you and your Dad have something in common. You can chat like buds about guitars, etc. I didn't have that type of relationship with my Dad, (he was supportive, but he wasn't into music). I am 37 and my baby girl is almost 2. I hope she wants to play guitar. I have my first guitar ready for her to play, 1965 Fender Duo Sonic. "See Daddy shred, sweetie". :D

Jack

Archived