Posted a lot, but Order of Pedals

• Members

I own a digitech digi delay, old ibanez sc10 chorus, modded tubescreamer, a pedal tuner and a crybaby.

and soon i will add a fatpipe pro distortion (and boost, its a double pedal), and a compressor.

What order should the pedals be in, as of now i have them ordered like this:

Guitar----->Tuner-->Crybaby-->Tubescreamer-->Chorus--->Delay--->Amp

Once I get the distortion/boost, i will be using it for both clean volume boost and distortion, so should i put it between the Tubescreamer and Chorus? or between the crybaby and tubescreamer.

Also, when i get a compressor, where should that go?

And if i put the crybaby after the distortions, would i get a better wah sound, cause as of now, it doesn't sound all that "wah-y" unless its clean.

• Members

Originally posted by Woodstock1969

I own a digitech digi delay, old ibanez sc10 chorus, modded tubescreamer, a pedal tuner and a crybaby.

and soon i will add a fatpipe pro distortion (and boost, its a double pedal), and a compressor.

What order should the pedals be in, as of now i have them ordered like this:

Guitar----->Tuner-->Crybaby-->Tubescreamer-->Chorus--->Delay--->Amp

Once I get the distortion/boost, i will be using it for both clean volume boost and distortion, so should i put it between the Tubescreamer and Chorus? or between the crybaby and tubescreamer.

Also, when i get a compressor, where should that go?

And if i put the crybaby after the distortions, would i get a better wah sound, cause as of now, it doesn't sound all that "wah-y" unless its clean.

I'd put the distortion and compressor before the wah so you can use them to boost the TS, and you'd also have prewah and postwah dirt sounds. Beyond that you've got them in good order, and as always with these questions, there are no hard and fast rules, people put pedals in all sorts of orders for various reasons, so the general rule is that if your ear likes it, it's good.

J

Archived