MXR analog delay???

mfc_pj

• Members

That's an excellent price. Paid $200 for mine (with box, manual and stickers).

The cool thing about this delay is that when you INcrease the delaytime, you'll DEcrease the frequency range. = Longer delays sound mellower/warmer.
It's mentioned in the manual as well.

• Members

That's a great price for it, especially in excellent condition. Does it have an LED indicator or not? If not, then it's even more of a collector's item and you should buy it to re-sell on eBay.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by mfc_pj

it's the no led version and absolutely new. Lied around in a shop for many years.

Well, if you don't get it, send me a Private Message and let me know where it is...I'll give them a call and see if they'll ship.

• Members

I think it's an excellent delay for doubling, slapback delay and the like. It also thickens your sound in interesting ways and does some excellent self occilation. Long delays are not its thing, don't expect that. I use it before another delay, eith a DMM or something digital set to longer delays.

Also, I have had mine (non-led version) since 1980 and it has *never* failed. Rock solid.

• Members

I have one ... but it doesn't work properly.. just creates a cyclical hum when turn on ...

its the non-led model in pretty good condition . Any ideas what it could be , or anyone want to take a shot at fixing/buying it .. lemme know ..

• Members
Originally posted by StratAtak83

I have one ... but it doesn't work properly.. just creates a cyclical hum when turn on ...

its the non-led model in pretty good condition . Any ideas what it could be , or anyone want to take a shot at fixing/buying it .. lemme know ..

Send it to Howard Davis.

He brought one of my vintage analog delays back to life, and there are few other people I would trust as much as him to work on a pedal like that.

• Members

Originally posted by mfc_pj

I have the chance to buy one. It's never been used, new in box with everything for 150$.

Has someone experiences with this pedal? Any good?

So did you get it?

I was serious about wanting to give the shop a call if you don't buy it...It's flown under the radar for now, but there's no telling when someone will decide to grab it!!

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

Send it to Howard Davis.

He brought one of my vintage analog delays back to life, and there are few other people I would trust as much as him to work on a pedal like that.

whose howard davis.. how do i get in contact with him ... ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Man o Man ..

howard davis = excellent service ..

mxr analog delay = best analog delay i've tried ..

this thing is warm , its like butter to my ears.. no noise/bypass issues.

with low mix settings it fattens up my clean tone on my sf deluxe reverb , and it oscillates beautifully ..

THis is truly the king ..

• Members

Originally posted by StratAtak83

Man o Man ..

howard davis = excellent service ..

mxr analog delay = best analog delay i've tried ..

this thing is warm , its like butter to my ears.. no noise/bypass issues.

with low mix settings it fattens up my clean tone on my sf deluxe reverb , and it oscillates beautifully ..

THis is truly the king ..

Yep, you can't go wrong with Howard. He's the Master of Analog Delays.

He designed the new Pigtronix delay, and I'm so totally hitting that when it's released...

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

Yep, you can't go wrong with Howard. He's the Master of Analog Delays.

He designed the new Pigtronix delay, and I'm so totally hitting that when it's released...

Yeah the pigtronix does look nice ..

I'm glad i went the howard route, rather than an instore repair . One shop in brooklyn seemed more interested in getting the pedal for themselves, than fixing it . :mad:

oh and thanks mrsage, for recommending him :thu:

Archived