Love for Lovepedals

• Members

Originally posted by madhatter

Now I think a Cot 50 is in my future. I currently run a SHO at the end of my chain always on pushing my amp for a little more gain. Would the COT work in this role or would it generate too much gain?

No - the COT needs to be first or near the beginning of your chain...

GREAT pedal.

• Members

Endo23, My COT 50 loves my humbuckers on my custom 24. I don't think you have to have a Strat, although I know Sean loves Strat's. :D In my opinion Sean has the best ear for dirt out there; Period. If you get a chance to try some of his less publicized pedals (Iron Balls, Black Magic, Woody) you will be in for a real treat. The best thing is running one, two or even three into each other. That is where the fun begins. Keep it up Sean. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by DJLantz444

I see that many other companies/effects types have threads devoted to that specific line, so I thought it was time there was a Lovepedal thread. A great company with great new ideas and products. And Sean is just so damn unpredictable! I see many posts on this forum about lovepedals, so I thought they could be a bit more concentrated in here.

So, Discuss what you like, what you want, what they sound like, etc. and enjoy your stay. I have a COT50 and am on the edge of ordering an Eternity. Great pedals!

How do you guys like the COT50 - Eternity combo? I like my RC/COT50, but it's a bit too punchy and not open enough at the volumes I play at. I heard the clips of the Eternity on the strat bridge pickup, and I thought "That is exactly what I need."

Couldn't agree more with you. If you are liking the RC/50 combo then you will be very happy with an E man. You might remember I did those clips a while back with the four different chips in the E. I did some more and posted them on TGP with just the stock chip and the TL072ACN at different settings. Here is what I posted over there in case you are interested:

Well..... another Saturday is here. I just did a few more clips of the Eternity. Same set-up as before. This time I just swapped between the stock chip and the TL072ACN. I did 2 clips with each. One set is the tone at 12 o'clock and gain at 9 o'clock and the other is tone at 1 o'clock and gain at 12 o'clock. I didn't bother with the other two chips as I just don't care for them. I could do some though if anyone really wants. So here they are........

Stock Chip - Gain at 9 - Tone at 12

TL072ACN - Gain at 9 - Tone at 12

Stock Chip - Gain at 12 - Tone at 1

TL072ACN - Gain at 12 - Tone at 1

The Lil China COT50, Eternity and White Dragon have all become my main go to dirt pedals along with my Skreddy Screw Driver. I have a Karl on the way that I can not wait to play and get on the board. :D

• Members

lets see i have a 1/2 watt amp,eternity,karl, black beauty balance, and a cot on the way so yeah i guess im a fan of his work. by the way should i put the cot before or after the bbb and can i stack them or would that be too much.

• Members

Originally posted by bullet

lets see i have a 1/2 watt amp,eternity,karl, black beauty balance, and a cot on the way so yeah i guess im a fan of his work. by the way should i put the cot before or after the bbb and can i stack them or would that be too much.

Probably too much! Depends on where the gain is set. I like the 50 before all my boosts and other dirt though.

• Members

Originally posted by bjjp2

Can COT run on an adapter or just batteries? If so, is it the regular Boss-style adapter?

Depends on the version. The Lil China's have an AC tap on them. There have been some others in plain cases that Sean has sold on eBay that had a tap as well. But most are battery only. The batteries last forever in them though from what I hear. I have a Lil China so I can't confirm first hand.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Depends on the version. The Lil China's have an AC tap on them. There have been some others in plain cases that Sean has sold on eBay that had a tap as well. But most are battery only. The batteries last forever in them though from what I hear. I have a Lil China so I can't confirm first hand.

Hey dose the dragon sound good and an adapter? or only battery's sound good?

• Members

Originally posted by LOOPJUNKIE

I used it first with the battery for a while and then switched to the PP2 powering it. It didn't change the sound at all.

• Members

I used it first with the battery for a while and then switched to the PP2 powering it. It didn't change the sound at all.

• Members

Sweet that's great; I'm rolling some PP2's as well! Very helpful info
:thu:

You just have to make sure you use the cable with the white tip or else you will blow it up! :wave:

• Members

Sweet that's great; I'm rolling some PP2's as well! Very helpful info
:thu:

You just have to make sure you use the cable with the white tip or else you will blow it up! :wave:

Archived