Ground Switching Systems - Help!!!

Fresh777

• Members

I am looking for a ground switching system that would cover all of the massive abounts of footpedals that I own - I have 2 pedal boards and lots of effects but I use three different delays - I have been looking at the voodooo lab ground control pro and gcx router. Now i believe that it would just take pedals in and out of he signal path, but what I would like to know is, would I have to get another mixer like the System Mix Plus that I have heard of to have it where my delays and effects can trail off if I want them to? I am afraid that just pulling them ourt of the signal path would cut the "overflow" effect - does anyone know any solutions to this? It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

• Members

I'm guessing that you're using the three delays at the ends of different signal paths. As such a mixer would allow the 'overflow' to tail out while the signal from a different effects chain comes through on another mixer channel.

Obviously, you'll need to carefully work out what effects you need in what order, what has to be common to more than one effects path, what needs to go in serial or parallel, when deciding where to put the router/switcher/looper device.

Archived