My Space Networking!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know what you mean ... it would be nice to have clarification of what they mean by "have the rights to those copies" ... if the deal is terminated after you remove your stuff what does having the rights to those residual copies allow them?

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I know what you mean ... it would be nice to have clarification of what they mean by "have the rights to those copies" ... if the deal is terminated after you remove your stuff what does having the rights to those residual copies allow them?

*shrugs*

but until I find out exactly what this entitles them to, I'm not putting {censored} up

• Members

Another myspace thread, eh?

http://www.myspace.com/capnbringdown

Since there's usually complaints how these threads don't seem to generate too much talking, I'll say a few things and see if I get any response.

Also convienently located in my sig. Though I'm not really a band, just a lone warrior.. but we don't need to go into that. Right now I'm still fixing the computer and then am going to try to record some vocals (later this week of course). It probably won't be pretty, but I want to find out if the magic stomp can do it. Probably not, but still.

Also, I've been thinking of changing it to Indie/Garage/Metal. Think my music does that genre justice? I've been trying to get into a band for sometime, but I'm not sure if I'm marketing myself correctly. Living in bufu egypt doesn't help either.

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

That isn't as bad as it looks. Especially since you can take away all those rights just by taking the song down. And they don't have an exclusive right to it so they can't sue you for anything.

Well I have noticed that allot of major artists have a Myspace prescence with songs uploaded and these guys have Major labels also so it can't be that bad surely!

• Members

Originally posted by inscho

TERMS: (as of 17th March 2006)

As far as I can tell, this clause only exists so you can't sue MySpace for airplay-style royalties for your music or for copyright infringement if you could find a lawyer who would argue that MySpace were distributing, publicly performing etc. your music without permission.

As the agreement only applies to music within the MySpace services, and since it stipulates that the licence is royalty free, MySpace would not be able to profit from your music, and would be acting illegally if they produced your music in any format other than what you set up on your MySpace page.

...but I'm not a lawyer, so...

BTW, my old band's page is in my sig, and my personal page is linked from there...

Archived