i wish pedal builders would let us know what they're building

• Members

why you say???

because i'm not made of money!

look at it this way:

EXAMPLE: lets say i want a chorus pedal really bad. I decide on the the DLS Chorus~Vibe. It's cool, it's been out for awhile. I go ahead and order it and it is in my grubby mitts.

and then BAM!!! out of the blue here's the Red Witch Empress.

oh {censored} man, i'd rather have that but i just blew my wad on a different pedal that i must try to sell and recoup some cash. I list it in my sig for 2 weeks then I put it on eBay. Then I lose out on resale value, eBay fees, paypal fees, etc.

If i had know the Red Witch was coming out I could have waited and got what I wanted in the first place.

Now that was completely hypothetical but it's happened to me before and I'm sure it will happen again. I'm sure it's happenend to plenty of people here too.

so i'm saying: let us know what's on the horizon. i'm not a lawyer for exxon. i don't have alot of cash. my rig is planned months in advance.

Throw the working man a bone here!!!!

:(

• Members

Hell, I'm still bitter that I bought a DD-6 not long before the DD-20 came out, and they were going for 20 bucks more on MF. That was probably me being uninformed at the time though.

Surely some builders at least give a hint as to what they're working on. They probably just don't have the time and resources to paste notices all over the net and magazines like large companies do.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Hell, I'm still bitter that I bought a DD-6 not long before the DD-20 came out, and they were going for 20 bucks more on MF. That was probably me being uninformed at the time though.

Surely some builders at least give a hint as to what they're working on. They probably just don't have the time and resources to paste notices all over the net and magazines like large companies do.

at least a hint would be cool.

• Members

I have to agree with both sentiments here. It would be nice to know in advance, but it's not always feasible from a builder's point of view.

That said, hats off to Pigtronix for the advance notice on the Echolution. I was saving my pennies for a Memory Lane, but now I may just go for the Echolution instead. Just have to wait and see.

• Members
Originally posted by CicadaSilence

It would be nice to know in advance, but it's not always feasible from a builder's point of view.

That's the thing right there. The second you mention what "might" be coming you, start getting the emails,,when is it coming out, what's the price, etc? At that point these guys spend as much time answering questions as working on the units. :)

• Members
Originally posted by UnkleSlam

That's the thing right there. The second you mention what "might" be coming you, start getting the emails,,when is it coming out, what's the price, etc? At that point these guys spend as much time answering questions as working on the units.
:)

It may give fellow builders ideas you want to keep quiet for a while.

• Members

How much heads up time do you need though?
Red Witch announced their chorus a bit ago, and on the forum, Ben said that they'd make another chorus at some point, and that was a long time ago.

Look out for my new pedal it's called my salsa.
Marshall anyone?

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

It may give fellow builders ideas you want to keep quiet for a while.

i agree Skip. I'm really pro-HCFX participating builder. If you post here I want your stuff. I want you to make some cash.

i could live with "hey, we're building a phaser"

i need no other details :D

• Members

Haha, well announcing a price drop early is just asking to lose money. Nobody will ever do that. Thats like paying for a hooker that tells you she's going to get out of the business and just be a regular easy lay in a week.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

Haha, well announcing a price drop early is just asking to lose money. Nobody will ever do that. Thats like paying for a hooker that tells you she's going to get out of the business and just be a regular easy lay in a week.

it's true. my econ degree says so.:D

• Members

I will be offering an original Clean boost, overdrive, distortion and fuzz soon. It does them all, from two stages of clean boost to velcroey feedback gatey compressed fuzz and everything inbetween. All with 5 knobs and two footswitches.

dopey1978 is getting #1.

Its called "Critical Mass".

Priced around the $150 mark

Expect sound samples a review and photos in the near future.

I have lotsa ideas but this is the only one that is currently ready to release.

Things I am experimenting with include a chorus, REAL guitar synth, 6 stage envelope/LFO controlled phaser and a deluxe version of the critical mass with all sorts of strange filtered oscillating goodies.

• Members

It's lame to 'announce' something that's not shipping unless there's a good reason for it (e.g. limited production run), otherwise it's much like the hype/vapourware market manipulation used by software companies. If the company doesn't have pictures of a physical unit, doesn't have samples, and doesn't have units in stock ready for sale, it doesn't 'exist'.

• Members

Originally posted by hempathy

I will be offering an original Clean boost, overdrive, distortion and fuzz soon. It does them all, from two stages of clean boost to velcroey feedback gatey compressed fuzz and everything inbetween. All with 5 knobs and two footswitches.

Joncerboy is getting #1.

Its called "Critical Mass".

Priced around the $150 mark

Expect sound samples a review and photos in the near future.

I have lotsa ideas but this is the only one that is currently ready to release.

Things I am experimenting with include a chorus, REAL guitar synth, 6 stage envelope/LFO controlled phaser and a deluxe version of the critical mass with all sorts of strange filtered oscillating goodies.

Can't wait. Near future means this week right?

• Members

Not sure ... the point to me is that eventually you'll probably sell even your most 'favourite' pedal anyway, and somehow you want manufacturers to help you avoid doing this. It's simply done by buying a pedal, being happy with it and not getting anything else. 95%+ of 'new' stuff is merely repackaged or rijigged older circuits anyway; manufacturers rely on hype and promotion, and GAS-pains :) , to maintain income.

• Members
Originally posted by unbeliever

Me too, except mine will be 2/3rds the price, 1/2 the size and offer 10% more features.

See how easy it is?
:D

I just said I was experimenting with the circuits. Not that I was shipping them.

I havent priced those or even finished the design.

The Critical mass will be built to order.

One is ready to ship.

sound samples etc might be next week, might be next month. I am currently looking for a job that will pay the bills and have two job interviews tommorow.

The pedal building will just be for fun, the love of it and to offer something that isnt available anywhere else.

The guitar synth in its current incarnation wouldnt be cheap and it wouldnt be small (1590DD) but it would have alot of features.

But its all buggered if vactrols dont earn ROHS exemption.

:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by hempathy

I just said I was experimenting with the circuits. Not that I was shipping them.

The guitar synth in its current incarnation wouldnt be cheap and it wouldnt be small (1590DD) but it would have alot of features.

But its all buggered if vactrols dont earn ROHS exemption.

:mad:

Just pulling your leg with the other remarks. :)

So ... this guitar synth has pitch -> CV circuitry? Just curious, no need to reveal any secrets.

I'm with you on the vactrols / photocells, that would really stuff things up....

Mike

• Members
Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i agree Skip. I'm really pro-HCFX participating builder. If you post here I want your stuff. I want you to make some cash.

i could live with "hey, we're building a phaser"

i need no other details
:D

Well, I want you to have my stuff too. :D

Coming soon:
Treble Booster to push a DD30 or Cold Gin
Tremelo not sure whay I'm going to do here yet. ;)

Archived