who makes a decent multi effects unit?

Rich

• Members

Get a Roland GP-8 off ebay for $100.00 or less.

I like 'em so much I have 4 of 'em.

Screw the G-major. I tried it and while it's a great unit... it's not $300 better than an old Quadraverb or GP-8.

I'm tellin' ya.. the Roland GP-8s kick ass!!!

Lush chorus, great delay up to 1000 ms, good phase shifter, great distortion!

no reverb though.

overall the unit has a very warm, fat, crisp sound.

• Members

Boss GT-8.

It is very versatile, you can turn off the amp models if you want to and use it just for FX, you can hook up two extra footswitches, you can MIDI it, you can set the expression pedal to control just about anything, you can run two modeling preamps at once and send them to seperate outputs, It has a programmable effects loop so you can incorporate your favorite external and or analog stompboxes into a patch, etc... etc... etc.... truly unbelievable versatility.
If they would just combine the VG-88 with the GT-8 (fx loop, reverse delays, etc.... which the VG-88 doesn't have) I'd be satisfied forever.

• Members

Boss GT-8.

It is very versatile, you can turn off the amp models if you want to and use it just for FX, you can hook up two extra footswitches, you can MIDI it, you can set the expression pedal to control just about anything, you can run two modeling preamps at once and send them to seperate outputs, It has a programmable effects loop so you can incorporate your favorite external and or analog stompboxes into a patch, etc... etc... etc.... truly unbelievable versatility.
If they would just combine the VG-88 with the GT-8 (fx loop, reverse delays, etc.... which the VG-88 doesn't have) I'd be satisfied forever.

• Members

Boss GT-8.

Archived