RMC Wizard Wah

• Members

I HAD one, also had an RMC3LE and RMC2.
I settled on the Picture Wah...simple and sounded like the wah tones I was after.

The Wizard didn't sound bad, but didn't have quite the sweep range I was after.

IIRC, the Wizard seemed to "wow" rather than "wah."

Build like a brick though, and the red color was cool.

I think I'd like to try a Wheels of Fire actually.

• Members

I have one. I do not forsee ever wanting to change it. It has True bypass, boss adapter, no knobs or switches, sounds really good, built really well and is red.

Its not as trebly as a crybaby which is useful for me as Im more into Dino jr wah freakouts than hendrix.

Oh and it has a slight boost, which is useful.

• Members

I have one and it is really a well built unit, sounds good has a good sweep! But my favorite thing about it is it is simple; which means consistent from night to night no stepping on a q knob and having it suck or messing around at a jam and forgetting to put it back :mad: It is consistent and predictable:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by sense_of_henry

Anyone have one? I would dig some detailed reviews...I have been thinking about one for a while.

thick...fat...perfect wah especially with humbuckers

just get it..don't even think about it anymore :p

I also have a picture wah which is really cool too...sort of quacks...it's brighter and sounds great with single coils

But I can get the wizard wah to scream with single coils too if I run it with a clean boost..mixes really well with my zvex SHO

• Members

Thanks for the comments; much appreciated. I think that my next purchase will be a Wizard Wah. One of my main concerns is that I play a LP R-9 and a Standard Strat; this wah sounds perfect as it addresses potential tonal issues in its design.

• Members

I have a borrowed RMC2 on my board now, and although I like it I'm not positive it's the tone I want.

Does the Wizard or Picture have the ability to change the sweep? I like a long sweep on my pedals, and thats one of the big reasons the RMC2 and I are still getting along. :)

Archived