SCO and Teaser Stallion Questions

• Members

Any opinions / comments on the SCO please people. By reading the description I get the impression (maybe wrongly?) that it is in the style of the BSIAB plexi type area. Is this right?

How useful is the option of being able to control the osciallation with the Semiphore? I guess this is along the line of what the fuzz-probe is doing? Is there much difference / similarity between the FF and the TS or even the Zoom Fuzz?

• Members
Originally posted by alteredsounds

Makes perfect sense? What is most confusing?
:)

OK, I'll give it a try.

1) What is a BSIAB Plexi?
2) I have not tried a Semaphore Trem and therefore cannot provide any advice. I really like the Teaser Stallion though and I only sold it because I found that the best tones for the distortion side and the best tones for the feedbacker side required very different settings on the pedal. Apparently Catalinbread has tweaked the circuit since (mine was an early version) so that tonally there's more consistency between the distortion and feedback setting and therefore you are better able to leave it at one setting and footswitch between the 2 modes and be happy with the tones. I might try one again.

taco

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

I really like the Teaser Stallion though and I only sold it because I found that the best tones for the distortion side and the best tones for the feedbacker side required very different settings on the pedal. Apparently Catalinbread has tweaked the circuit since (mine was an early version) so that tonally there's more consistency between the distortion and feedback setting and therefore you are better able to leave it at one setting and footswitch between the 2 modes and be happy with the tones. I might try one again.

taco

This is exactly my experience - awesome pedal - no doubt. I had the early grey/blue vinyl covered one and it squealed even on the 'tame' channel above about half gain. Sadness. Couldn't justify keeping it when I got a fuzz factory.

• Members

cheers for the reply. The bsiab is the brown sound in a box pedal that does a plexi / brown sound type thing, and does it very well. I got the impression from the site description that the sco is a similar thing?

Is the Stallion much in the vein of a Fuzz Factory? seems to do the oscilation etc? I have a FF and the Zoom fuzz and wouldnt want anything that didnt have something new to offer. I like the idea of the Semaphore controlling the Stallion though.

• Members

Am I crazy or is there NO low end in the SCOD clips on the catalinbread website?

Time and time again I hear things as "trebly" that other people think sound great, so I'm just asking if I need to have my ears checked/rimmed out.

I still wanna try a SCOD, though...

Archived