Who else prefers the Jake E Lee over the Zakk Wylde ozzy era?

• Members

There was a time when I'd go so far as to say I prefer the Jake era to the Rhandy era. Not sure about that now, but I think Jake doesn't get nearly the dues he is owed (financially and figuratively) for his time in Ozzy's band. Oh, and I don't really like Wylde's playing. At all. Almost ever. Yeah, yeah, flame away.:evil:

• Members

I SLIGHTLY prefer Zakk's tone over Jake's kinda thin, too phasey/flangey tone, but I prefer Jake's more tastefull playing, instead of Mr. Pinch-Harmonic-Galore. :rolleyes:

But Randy slays 'm both (eventhough he had the WORST tone).

And that makes me even more proud of my early 80's Burny Les Paul Custom in vintage white (turned yellow).

• Members

I think Ultimate Sin is under a different label or something, so they didn't have the rights to put songs off that album in the Best of.

Originally posted by TheDarxide

*puts hand up*

It really annoys me that there's no Ultimate Sin tracks on the Best Of. Great album.

• Members

Originally posted by tnttnttnt

I think Ultimate Sin is under a different label or something, so they didn't have the rights to put songs off that album in the Best of.

Thanks for this!! I found this after doing some searching:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/03/30/062950.php

Explains a lot.... bunch of bollocks if you ask me, it's the first Ozzy album i ever got and it kicks arse....

• Members

If you read any Ozzy interview where he's asked what he thinks his worst album is he always says The Ultimate Sin. The truth is it is one of his most successful albums to date and it turned a lot of people (including myself) onto Heavy Metal.

It must be a Sharon thing, not wanting to pay royalties to the composers or something.

Originally posted by TheDarxide

Thanks for this!! I found this after doing some searching:

Explains a lot.... bunch of bollocks if you ask me, it's the first Ozzy album i ever got and it kicks arse....

Archived