Do I need a Crunch BOX?.....

RJpilot

• Members

I got GAS for this Crunch Box. I have an OCD and was wondering am I just covering the same ground. I want a sizzly lead tone ala Vai, Satch. I was talked out of the Keeley Ultra DS-1. I want to use the pedal with a clean BF Bassman. Theres a Crunch Box on ebay right now. So if somebody is more deserving or wants it more than my "on the fence" ass.

• Members
Originally posted by RJpilot

I got GAS for this Crunch Box. I have an OCD and was wondering am I just covering the same ground. I want a sizzly lead tone ala Vai, Satch. I was talked out of the Keeley Ultra DS-1. I want to use the pedal with a clean BF Bassman. Theres a Crunch Box on ebay right now. So if somebody is more deserving or wants it more than my "on the fence" ass.

My first answer was "who doesn't?" I do, too. I also was looking at these two, but got the impression the Crunch Box is a lot more of a distortion pedal than the OCD. Have you listened to all the clips on the MI Audio website? If I recall correctly, they're done through a similar (or same) Fender amp, and I think they show the lead tone of the CB very well. Check them out if you haven't already.:thu:

• Members

Given that Crunchboxes can be had used for as low as $75, I'd say it's worth the investment. There are plenty of guys who bought one, decided it was too high gain for them, and are ditching them for cheap.

edit: sorry I thought I saw one for $75, I guess $85 is the lowest I've seen.

Archived