Open apology to ZVex

• Members

I have been a little critical of Zvex pedals on the forums in the past. I think I have erred in my opinions of price. After taking a serious aprasial of prices I would like to retract all negative optinions of his pedals, not based on any testing for I still do not own any Zvex pedals but because I have reapprasied what I do my self as far as effects go and what I judge Zvex pedals to be doing.

Alot of time has to go in to making a pedal to fit into a tiny ass housing like the zvex pedals so really the pricing doesn't reflect on value of the pedal itself but research, pound for pound I prefer the tweakability of the Lovetone Ring Stinger, (or Love Triangle) but I am a home tweaker player, a constant road musician would probably benifit infinately to the small footprint of the Zvex Ringtone for about the same money as the Love Triangle and its cheaper then the Ring Stinger.

Overall I find some of Zvex's boost stuff a little over priced but overall I think he's about where the markets at, so I apoligize for being over critical and singling out Zvex's prices.

Have a swanky day

Brendon.

• Members

Good of you. You got my vote for Presidency. Although I'm Canadian and therefore cannot vote in the Banana Republic of America.

You should see the inside of my LoFi Loop Junky. It's like a space shuttle was crammed into it. It's a feat of engineering on par with the pyramids.
:wave:

• Members

I was about to post something similar in the other, Vex-bashing thread... but yeah, I think Vex's prices reflect R & D more than anything tangible like parts.

There was no pedal like the FF when it appeared on the market. There were no sequencing Trem or Wah pedals on the market when the ST and OW appeared. There's nothing like the Lo-Fi Loop Junky on the planet, etc.

You're paying for the man's MIND, people!

• Members

take your z vex pedal to an electronic engeneer, see what they have to say

the guys i know let there jaws drop, speak of very original designs and totally cool ergonomics

heres the the thing is, oh never mind

Archived