The Church--anyone know what gear those Australian japanese tourist harpooners use?

• Members

Bumping this to say that I've been listening to the new one "Uninvited Like the Clouds" for the past few weeks almost non-stop and I think it's amazing. A latter day masterpiece for the Church. Not a bad track on the album, and there are some great almost Pink Floyd-esque tracks towards the end of the album that are stunning.

Going to see them here July 26th, I'll be front row for that mos' def.

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by houseofglass21

Bumping this to say that I've been listening to the new one "Uninvited Like the Clouds" for the past few weeks almost non-stop and I think it's amazing. A latter day masterpiece for the Church. Not a bad track on the album, and there are some great almost Pink Floyd-esque tracks towards the end of the album that are stunning.

Going to see them here July 26th, I'll be front row for that mos' def.

:cool:

is that the effects laden one?

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Clearly there's some Vox AC30 going on in a big way. But what else? They've got great tones. A friend of mine burned a copy of Uninvited Like The Clouds for me and I'm enjoying it.

taco

When I saw them back in 1989, they were using Voxes and JC-120's in stereo. They're also still the loudest band I've ever seen live, and I've seen Slayer live. :o

• Members

When I saw them back in 1989, they were using Voxes and JC-120's in stereo. They're also still the loudest band I've ever seen live, and I've seen Slayer live.
:o

Wow that loud? JC-120s are gone. Voxes... less prevalent from what I can figure out. I've seen shots of Marty with a Matchless and an Orange combo behind him. Several shots with the Orange actually... just not sure if it's a 15watt solid state Crush as indicated in this thread or if it's a Tiny Terror combo (I don't think they've been around long enough). Not sure exactly what he's using the Orange for anyways, but a lot of the more recent albums definitely have more dirty sounds to them - curious if it's amp or pedals. *** edit: actually checked that link in the next post... they say AD15 ***

Peter as always seems to use a combination of amps (most shots I see him with 3)... one of which I think might be an effects only amp. He does have a shimmer sound he uses. And I think he's always been interested in multi amp setups.

Archived