The Mars Volta: effects question!!!

• Members

actually, omars solos are quite annoying, and the music suffers from it. that, and they need to bring ikey back up to the front.

if fruc became the sole guitarist for tmv and omar just "directed" the music ala zappa, that would be interesting.

not that I'm comparing omar to zappa :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Fingermush

& wtf is up with everyone ripping off the Blood Brother tm dual Orange amp thing.

and wtf is up w/ the blood Brothers needing two damn Oranges?

i've seen the blood brothers twice and both times i only saw one orange. and the second time i saw them i'm pretty sure votolato was playing a combo. not a head & cab.

and i really don't think just because omar plays oranges, that he's ripping off any one. a lot of people play oranges. maybe they both just like the sound.

• Members

Originally posted by gregovertone

omar had frus. play quite a bit a francies.

from what i understand.....Omar is not going to play AT ALL on the upcoming record.

he is having frusciante play ALL of his parts, so he can concentrate 100% of his efforts on the recording and producition.

That's not going to happen. I love John but that makes little sense considering that Omar has done production on almost everything MV has done to date and has continued to be the guitarist. He can handle it.

The MV sound is in Omars head/fingers.

Archived