ToadWorks is shut down for the day...

• Members

Originally posted by percyexpat

im no veggie but ugh, that looks revolting! more like a prop from Aliens than food.

Large hunks of fatty meat must be smoked for 10 to 12 hours, after which they turn a dark reddish brown. This is scripture. Or at least it ought to be.

And I hate to generalize, but England is not exactly the world's leading authority on Barbeque.... in fact in all my trips there, I've yet to have a properly cooked piece of meat (sausages aside), so you are forgiven for your blasphemy.

• Members

Originally posted by KBN

Good work. What temp to you take it to? What do you use for fire?

I like to keep the main chamber under 275 for at least 8 hours, today we're going a little long.

For fire we're using Big Green Egg natural charcoal, it absolutely rocks, and about every 20 minutes we're dumping wet hickory on the fire.

I didn't use a rub, instead I make a basting solution - Apple cider vinegar, sea salt, Hungarian paprika, chili powder, cayan pepper, Piri Piri, Pickapeppa, and a little brown sugar.

• Members

Originally posted by rockster12

Ryan gotta nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuew smoker.

Ryan gotta nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuew smoker

Yeah.... it got broken in with some brats and ribeye steaks last week, but brisket is the true christening.

• Members

Originally posted by virtualtoad

I like to keep the main chamber under 275 for at least 8 hours, today we're going a little long.

For fire we're using Big Green Egg natural charcoal, it absolutely rocks, and about every 20 minutes we're dumping wet hickory on the fire.

I didn't use a rub, instead I make a basting solution - Apple cider vinegar, sea salt, Hungarian paprika, chili powder, cayan pepper, Piri Piri, Pickapeppa, and a little brown sugar.

Nice. I have been using Royal Oak natural and like that a lot. I have heard good stuff about BGE, but haven't ever seen it locally. I generally smoke with apple wood and cherry. (My father is a fruit farmer) Might have to try your basting solution sometime. Generally I do a dry rub and then baste it with a mixture of fresh apple cider, lemon juice, Beam black, and a splash of worchestershire.

• Members

Originally posted by KBN

Nice. I have been using Royal Oak natural and like that a lot. I have heard good stuff about BGE, but haven't ever seen it locally. I generally smoke with apple wood and cherry. (My father is a fruit farmer) Might have to try your basting solution sometime. Generally I do a dry rub and then baste it with a mixture of fresh apple cider, lemon juice, Beam black, and a splash of worchestershire.

Yeah, bourbons definitely pair well with meat... It's nice to hear someone else who takes their barbeque seriously...

With brisket, I like a big thick fat pack on top, that makes it plenty salty, and I like to counter with spicy - a little burn on top of the smoke.... when it comes out right, I find I don't want any kind of sauce.

Archived