OT Any other racecar drivers here?

Upgrade

• Members

I raced a vintage 67 Alfa Romeo Duetto for a couple years. I really miss it- had to sell it to make room for my home studio and a new baby boy. My red Alfa was very fast and gorgeous! Racing cars is a blast!!!

Hmm when my boy gets a little bit older maybe go-carts would be cool . . .

• Members
Originally posted by Upgrade

I raced a vintage 67 Alfa Romeo Duetto for a couple years. I really miss it- had to sell it to make room for my home studio and a new baby boy. My red Alfa was very fast and gorgeous! Racing cars is a blast!!!

Hmm when my boy gets a little bit older maybe go-carts would be cool . . .

my father raced a Ford Shelby Mustang. did stock car drag. the car was a 66 or 67. a beauty. pretty much like this:
mustang.jpg
he sold the body for $300. :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

my father raced a Ford Shelby Mustang. did stock car drag. the car was a 66 or 67. a beauty. pretty much like this:

mustang.jpg
he sold the body for $300.
:cry:

I had that exact car! When I made some stupid money with a 2X platinum hip hop record I bought a 67 Shelby GT500 2 Alfa Romeos and lots of other stuff it's all long gone but at least I made money on the Shelby.

• Members
Originally posted by anti-flag193

I drive my '94 Legacy like a racecar...
:freak:

It's wierd but after driving racecars for a while I became way more cautious driving on the street. It seemed less dangerous bumper to bumper at high speed on the track. Better brakes, sticky tires and better drivers around you. If someone pulls a stupid stunt on the track they can get black flagged- I wish that would happen on the road.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I'm an old school off roader ... strictly 4x4 here and trialling, rock hopping etc.

I had the pleasure of being invited to lunch at Dan Gurney's shop once. He had all these old buddies there and all they talked about was off roading in Baja. Great stories about the old days!

BTW Great finish to the INDY 500 today!

Archived