is it lame?? dating question

fusionid

• Members

Originally posted by fusionid

crap someone say no
:cry:

Why are you asking after the fact ... if you wanted or needed opinions you should have asked before you did the deed matey. I feel for you but I have to agree that it's always better to ask a girl out in the flesh ... but then again it depends on the girl and the current status of your association/friendship or whatever. If somehow you thought it was ok to ask her that way then maybe it will be.

• Members

Originally posted by phishmarisol

Why do you want to ask her out by email? Are you too nervous to ask over the phone or in person? If you aren't comfortable enough to ask her on a date then are you comfortable enough with this person to be dating them?

hmm excellent point

let me think that out.

I think Im terrified to ask her in person. Yeah fear of rejection!

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Why are you asking
after
the fact ... if you wanted or needed opinions you should have asked before you did the deed matey. I feel for you but I have to agree that it's always better to ask a girl out in the flesh ... but then again it depends on the girl and the current status of your association/friendship or whatever. If somehow you thought it was ok to ask her that way then maybe it will be.

{censored}

next time Im consulting this board before making a life important desicion

I mean you are right but I didnt think to ask first :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by phishmarisol

If you aren't comfortable enough to ask her on a date then are you comfortable enough with this person to be dating them?

That's not always true ... asking a girl out at knife point can always yeild interesting results and I always say, if your comfortable enough to carry a knife in public then your comfortable enough to hold it to a person whilst asking them out.

• Members

awww...fusionid has a crush.

let me say 2 things:

1. imagine getting an email date invite. kinda impersonal and creepy, right?

2. never ever take dating advice from pedalgeeks on an internet forum. ESPECIALLY not on a saturday night!

all iknow is that one of my favorite girlfriends broke up with me by email. granted, we did live in different cities but it was also THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!!:mad:

• Members

{censored}

{censored} or do not {censored}, there is no try!

But seriously, the key at this point is to not over think this thing, you've got to stay cool and relax and wait for the response - the most important thing is DO NOT - I repeat DO NOT send a follow up e-mail until you have heard from her first. Then tell us what she say's and we take it from there.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

let me say 2 things:

2. never ever take dating advice from pedalgeeks on an internet forum. ESPECIALLY not on a saturday night!

all iknow is that one of my favorite girlfriends broke up with me by email. granted, we did live in different cities but it was also THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!!:mad:[/quote

crap, sorry to hear guyaguy.

I hang around this place so much it feels like a community and I feel comfortable asking this kind of thing

Number 1 happened to me. A local girl asked me out after having several back and forth emails. I wasnt interested and basically let it go. It wasnt creepy, it was kind of flatering. HOwever Im a guy and older than that girl. I totally see your point :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

let me say 2 things:

all iknow is that one of my favorite girlfriends broke up with me by email. granted, we did live in different cities but it was also THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!!
:mad:
[/quote

crap, sorry to hear guyaguy.

I hang around this place so much it feels like a community and I feel comfortable asking this kind of thing

Number 1 happened to me. A local girl asked me out after having several back and forth emails. I wasnt interested and basically let it go. It wasnt creepy, it was kind of flatering. HOwever Im a guy and older than that girl. I totally see your point
:freak:

oh it was a couple of years ago. i'm over it now. :idea:

(stupid birthday breaker-upper. :mad: )

here's your save:

next time you see her or talk to her casually mention the email and say how silly it was but you'd really like to take her to ______. (fill in the blank with the event or place of your choice.)

• Members

the most important thing is DO NOT - I repeat DO NOT send a follow up e-mail until you have heard from her first. Then tell us what she say's and we take it from there.

I disagree with this. Dating is like a job interview. It's perfectly acceptable to do a follow-up.

I say... Keep sending those emails until they start bouncing.

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

I disagree with this. Dating is like a job interview. It's perfectly acceptable to do a follow-up.

LOL :o

wow my first thread that goes for 2 pages :p

• Members

here is the email

cool

no plans for the weekend so far. What are you doing this weekend? any

plans for tonite?

Fusionid

:(

That's tame man and very inocuous ... sit back and wait for the reply and play it cool. If she's a cool girl she will see it for what it is and follow up in like kind if she has any interest in getting together anyway - if she never did then you've lost nothing. It's all cool.

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

Yeah but that only applies if your the knife carrying type as I stated above.

• Members

That's tame man and very inocuous ... sit back and wait for the reply and play it coil. If she's a coll girl she will see it for what it is and follow up in like kind of she has any interest in getting together anyway - if she never did then you've lost nothing. It's all cool.

cool

much releaved now

Archived