Analog Phasers

Meriphew

• Members

I just picked up a Maestro ps-1b. It's like the a version but has an added speed knob. It's vintage analog but of course doesn't have a tap tempo. But what it does have is footswitchable settings, which is hard to come by with an analog phaser. I messed with the internal pots and here's what I've come up with:
Slow: Pink Floyd
Medium: Bridge of Sighs
Fast: Univibe

very, very cool pedal - but its BIG if you are pressed for board space .. I am not.

board.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by LoneStarGuitar

doubt you are going to find tap tempo and analog in the phaser market.

closest you will get is a Pigtronix or moog with an expression pedal

The Moog is the one I have been looking at, but it's huge. Anyone have one? How's it sound compared to other high end phasers?

• Members

That Cusak Tap-o-Phase should be just what you are looking for, (feature-wise.) I believe a proto of one may show up at the Chi-town Tone Fest.

If you want to get famaliar with a few different styles of phase, this old thread has some phaser demo vids I made.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1238376&highlight=phaser+vids

• Members
Originally posted by Blungo

The only phaser i've ever completely flipped over is the Maestro PS-1A. The PS-1B looks even cooler.

daaaamn straight.

guys, I want to see more vintage analog phasers, with or without stinkin tap tempo :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Terrorizer

Keep it simple...... Electro Harmonix

;)
;)
;)
;)
;)

;)

The meastro replaced my small stone because setting 1 sounds the exact same as the most usable one from the small stone, and now I get two extra settings i didn't get before...

• Members
Originally posted by Terrorizer

I'm sure that a lot of tone fits in that box but Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnn!

That puts some EH pedals to shame in the size department!

To big for my board.......

:o

you were saying?

board2.jpg

• Members

I built a BOYC Phase 90 last week, and that's my fave now : I have a Small Stone USSR, which sounds great, but there's the volume drop, and it also seems to suck gain somehow, so on bits where you need the volume and the gain, it's not so great.
The new Phase 90 by mxr has that terrible midspike.

The boyc has the warmth, a slight volume rise that works perfectly in a bandsituation.

Archived