What's the best cheaper delay out there?

• Members
Originally posted by L6Sguy

meaning what? whaddya need it to do?

dude the arion pwns. my other one is getting traded. :cool:

edit: to be on topic: buy used. those $150 line6 pedals turn into like 100-115 dollar ones

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

meaning what? whaddya need it to do?

I don't know.. maybe something fun to mess around with every now and then.. All I really "need" is one basic delay sound.. so I guess it doesn't have to be very versatile. I don't need a real long delay.. just something to add to those soaring solos.. you know what I mean? Something where I could run through a scale and harmonize with myself.. I hope I'm explaining myself correctly, here.

Anyway.. I'm all for buying used. I'd really like to find the Ibanez for a good price. I found my CF7 for $25 in excellent condition..

• Members
Originally posted by comfortablynumb

I don't know.. maybe something fun to mess around with every now and then.. All I really "need" is one basic delay sound.. so I guess it doesn't have to be very versatile. I don't need a real long delay.. just something to add to those soaring solos.. you know what I mean? Something where I could run through a scale and harmonize with myself.. I hope I'm explaining myself correctly, here.

Anyway.. I'm all for buying used. I'd really like to find the Ibanez for a good price. I found my CF7 for $25 in excellent condition..

i've been through three de-7 for under $39/shipped, ea.

when i need another delay, i'll do it again ;)

ibanez -10/L series delays are also worth checking out if you happen upon one.

• Members

what about a used boss dd-5 or dd-6?

i loved my old dd-5

a few months ago i was able to pick up a used dd-20 for 135 from a buddy over at the gear page

i thought that was preaty cheap

sold it for the same price to get a diamond memory lane

quick question regarding the echo park....how does the tap tempo work? i know with the dd-6 you have to hold the stomper down for 2 seconds to change the function and i'm not really thrilled with that kind of interaction (i would rather use a external tap switch)

• Members

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

I'm looking at some different ones.. but I don't know much about delays. Looking for something with a longer type delay. I don't really know much about delay as in milliseconds or whatever. Something versatile, for not a lot of money, really. Cheaper the better.

versatility + good construction + good sounds = Digitech Digidelay

without a doubt.

• Members

The Digidelay is great. As are the older PDS-series Digitech delay pedals. Both have intriguing looping options as well, which isn't true of many of the other pedals on this list.

If you want longer repeats, the PB & J won't really work, and the DD-3 only does what, 800 ms? Both are good pedals for what they are, though.

Archived