Barber LTD Users..Ya/Na?

• Members

I'm looking for a new boost/light overdrive pedal; something transparent that can give me a basic volume boost, a little bit of tone control, and give me just a tad bit of O.D. when needed. Anyway, I wanted to get your guys opinions on the Barber LTD. Sound like what I'm loking for? Also, Is it based off of the TS Circut or sound like a Full-Drive/ TS-808? (Because I don't want something that colors my tone that much).

Which one do you have: Silver/Black...and what is the difference?

-Kevin

• Members

Sounds to me like the LTD is pretty much what you're looking for. I was seriously considering one for a while but found something else more suitable for my needs. As far as the difference between the silver and the regular version goes, the silver has a flatter frequency response, which to me means "more transparent." I like how that tone knob works, too.

• Members
Originally posted by preservation

your avatar is the Tele of my dreams.
:eek:

ya...mine too! It's gonna be a long while before I ever come close to owning something like that. Although, I am assembling my own Tele; it will look nothing like it but it will defintely be sweet!

• Members

Any else have input on the Silver Barber LTD?

Originally posted by preservation

i'm trying to sell my beloved Burns Marquee just b/c i LUST for that tele.

it'd have graphite bridge saddles & a graphite nut... .11 gauge strings...

a set of Lindy Fralin hot blues PUs...

ohhh...

looks like you've got it all set...haha

• Members

I'll be looking for a LTD when I get some money rolling in.

But FYI, it's based off of the DOD 250 circuitry. Of course it sounds much better and has some differences (not a direct clone), but just a point you might want to know.

:thu:

• Members

i have the black ltd and other than its slight midhump (much less than a TS) it sounds like exactly what you described. so check out the silver ltd it should be perfect for you. works great as a boost plus the overdrive is amazing. very "natural" and warm. it fattens slighty, the way real overdrive does but remains very articulate. i use mine for a little boost and a little grit at the same time...

Tim

• Members

i dialed out the high's with the internal trimmer,
yep, backed it all off, set the bass trimmer about half, and run the knobs on top, at volume/10, treble at 2, and drve around noon,
i find this dials some of the midrange hump out
it is more transparent, and the it is smooth with
good bottom end. i have the blk.

Archived