Verbzilla vs RV-3

• Members

Hello all,

As of recently, I've been interested in the RV-3. I currently use a Verbzilla for reverb. The Verbzilla is great and all, but I only seem to use the "cave" setting on it.

My question is, can the RV-3 produce this?

Would trading a Verbzilla for an RV-3 be fair?

Any help would be grand.

-Steven

• Members

the reason I may be considering the RV-3 is, alot of the bands that do the same stuff as me use them (indie/ambient/post-rock type stuff) PLUS the stomp switch on mine is weird, I think it's messed up. I can never kick it on at first, and it feels really loose.

I contacted Line 6 and I am still waiting on a reply.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

-Steven

• Members

On the Verbzilla, you don't have to push hard to tun it on. What I mean is you don't have to push it until it clicks. The footswitch is made to be dual purpose for pedals like the Echo Park, where you push lightly for tap tempo and more firmly to actually turn the effect on and off. Maybe that is why it seems loose to you? I have an RV-2, RV-5, and a Verbzilla. The Verbzilla is the most organic and natural sounding to me. The Boss units are better at really bright harsh reverbs. I do really like the plate setting on the RV-2 though.

justin

• Members

Originally posted by StevoHuff

Thanks for the input man.

As of now actually, I'm leaning towards the Digitech Digiverb. Could anyone comment on this pedal?

-Steven

i really dig that pedal

the thing is to go easy on the mix, it mixes a pretty thick depth so to me 3-4 on the mix was the same as other verb pedals dialed in 6 or more.

especially with that spring verb - sounds sweet with low settings, sounds way too sproingy and unreal with a high mix.

thats about all i can say, it does very natural and pleasing reverbs if the mix is kept in check and low. for what its worth though since you asked i like the verbzilla better, but dont use any verb pedals anymore

• Members

i have a digiverb, and while the reverse function is the only thing i use on it, it has one hell of a volume drop when engaged. i assume it's due to the high mix i use, roughly 60 wet/40 dry, but those are the sounds i need. i have one of the cheap ibanez tone-lok tubescreamers i use before it with gain down and volume spiked as a sort of boost, but even that fails to make it really cut during band practices.

of course, the reverse may not be what you're looking for, but i've noticed the drop with each of the other settings also. as a whole, the digiverb creates some amazing ambience and is a staple pedal to my sound, but it has its flaws.

just my two cents.

• Members

thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm really into post-rock and indie stuff. Lots of picking and light overdrive for my strumming needs. I'm looking for ambience.

I use a bow on alot of our songs, and the "cave" setting on the verbzilla really helps to give the bow more "umph".

Is there a setting on the digiverb similar to "cave"?

-Steven

• Members

Originally posted by StevoHuff

thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm really into post-rock and indie stuff. Lots of picking and light overdrive for my strumming needs. I'm looking for ambience.

I use a bow on alot of our songs, and the "cave" setting on the verbzilla really helps to give the bow more "umph".

Is there a setting on the digiverb similar to "cave"?

-Steven

I don't know what the "Cave" setting sounds like, but the "Church" setting on the Digiverb is pretty huge and lush.

I will agree on the volume drop issue on the Digiverb. It's really too bad; I'd never look at another reverb again if it could do 100% wet without the drop. I'll probably end up with both a Digiverb and a Verbzilla on my board, eventually.

Archived