"HAUNTING MIDS"!!! Get em here!

• Members

I gotta laugh when I read some ads for pedals and music gear at times as the metaphors/descriptions get nonsensical in some cases. Take for instance this ad for the Teese Wizard Wah ...

the WIZARD WAH sounds like nothing else on the planet, with extended sweep range, rich, yet tight lows,
haunting mids
, a smooth top end, and an overall boost.

Dunno about you but I've never heard haunting mids before but perhaps that's because I've never played anything called a Wizard before! Should I assume that when you call something a Wizard that haunting sounds will follow? If anybody can identify the nature of these haunting mids for me my e-mai is Hauntingmidsskepticsclub@getreal.com.au!

• Members

Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Apparently so my friend which makes you Outstanding In Your Field.
:cool:

:D

We at the Haunting Mids Research Facilities have dedicated an entire area of the Australian Outback to experimenting on and attempting to locate Haunting Mids. The closest we have come to it is the sound of an Emu farting as it ran through a field of canola!

• Members

Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Actually I have the Wizard Wah along with the Wheels of Fire Wah and both sound goddamn delicious with dirt and that's why I love the
organic throatiness
of them both.
:cool:

:wave:

I'm sure they both sound great actually but the description of haunting mids just made me ... :freak::D

• Members

One of my bandmates said at practice the other night that my mids weren't haunting enough for the songs we play. I got defensive and lashed out at him. I said some things that I shouldn't have said. Later, after I had cooled down, I realized that he was right - my mids have been definitely lacking any hauntingness whatsoever, all this time. My "friends" have been lying to me, just telling me what they thought I wanted to hear, and he was the only one who had the balls to tell it to me straight.

• Members

Wizard amps are supposed to be pretty damn badass. I would never describe an amp with "haunting" mids, however.

I did make a thread when I first got my JMP. I believe I said the mids felt like they were punching you in the face. :love: I loved it, too.

• Members

Originally posted by El Glom-o

I've spent plenty of time at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. Never heard anything about "Haunting Mids".

Seems the Navy isn't on the ball as haunting mids are out there ... could be a matter of national security before you know it!

• Members

Used as a adj, the word fits perfectly.Shame on Geoffrey for being educated..The Wizard is one sweet wah..

___

adj

1. Said of a place, memory, piece of music, etc: making a very strong and moving impression; poignant.

Thesaurus: unforgettable, poignant, memorable, indelible, seductive, evocative, disturbing, eerie, persistent, recurrent.

Derivative: hauntingly

:thu:

• Members

Well, if you can control your mids' disappearance and reappearance, then "ghost-like" works. And if those mids snarl and wail when they reappear, then "haunting" works too. Damn: now I want one of those s.o.b.'s! LOL.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Yes ... relax man we're only having a bit of fun ... but besides adjectives you DO get allot of silly metaphors as well in pedal and gear descriptions; "you could drop this pedal off a 20 story building with an Elephant tied to it's back and this baby would keep going for ever!" etc etc etc.

And I must humbly disagree with using haunting as an adjective to describe MIDS for fecks sakes. Are you kidding... haunting mids?
:D

It's Cool Brother..

"Voodoo Of Guitar".;):wave:

Archived