Great Clean Amps That Take Distortion Up the Rear

loofery

• Members
Originally posted by Douge

They both sound good but If I had to choose just one it would be the DR. Z KT-45!!

It puts out more power than its rated for, has an EF86 Front End Tube, and can have a Solid State or Tube Rectifier!!

Go to Dr. Z's site and look on the Z-Forums and you can see all the other owners opinons and remarks.

i've read all about it, i'm a pretty big Dr. Z fan. I have a Route 66 :D

one day...maybe just one day, i'll have a KT-45 and a Route 66 for my crunch....and no pedals! just naked guitar.:eek: :eek:

• Members

I got a 66' and a 69' Fender Bassman head and both of them were modded by David Allen of Allen amps. He converts the normal channel to the AA-864 ciruitry ala Blackface Vibrolux and mods the bass side to a Tweed Bassman/Plexi Marshall circuitry. You now get beautiful clean tones on the normal side and awesome singing crunch on the bass channel when turned up to about 5 1/2. You can use an A/B box and switch between channels and insert your favorite OD pedals to get alot of tonal options. They are really amazing amps when modded this way.I got both amps dirt cheap and the mods ran $189 plus shipping at the time.Here's a pic of my bassmans. Both amps ran me about $550 each including the Allen mod.

100_0127.jpg

• Members

Great picture of the Silverface Bassman, I used to have one of those and in a moment of weakness traded it towards my first Marshall head!

For my recommendation I say go with the Groove Tube Soul-O 45 this exactly the reason I have three of them!!!

GTSoulO45sSoldanoAtomic16s.jpg

Another good amp for this is a Reverend Hellhound

Both the Soul-O and the Reverend can be bought used in head or combo models.

TheGrooveking

Archived