What do you think of this pickguard?

Arjae

• Members

Here's the MIM tele I got for $249 on Monday. I got this guard for like $18 last night. I think I like it but am curious as to what you fine folks think. :wave:

I also ordered me some Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials for it along with a Fender vintage bridge plate and some of those saddles from Budz Those should all be here for the weekend to get this thing up and running.

teleguard.JPG

• Members

It came with a plain white one. I was gonna just get a white pearloid one but when I saw this one, I figured I'd try it out on there. Not sure what other colors would look good on it. But I hated the plain bright white.

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

I love the color of the tele, but the pickguard doesn't compliment it very well....I say get a plain white one and let it soak in tea/coffee for a while to "age" it....now that would be sexy
:thu:

what he said, I think the colors don't fit too well together ;)

I would go for a black pickguard.

• Members

Last night I picked up a white pearloid and a cream pearloid. Suprisingly, the cream didn't look that good. The white was cool but I think the one I have on there right now looks the best. I think my camera is not capturing the true color of it. It looks a lot better in person than in the pic. My g/f looked them all over and she said she liked the one that is on there now the best. I might have to take her word on it, especially since she didn't give me {censored} for bringing home another guitar! ;)

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

I say get a plain white one and let it soak in tea/coffee for a while to "age" it....now that would be sexy

I tried the coffee and tea thing and it do not work at all? Did you scuff the PG

Sorry to jump in on the thread

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

Here's the MIM tele I got for $249 on Monday. I got this guard for like $18 last night. I think I like it but am curious as to what you fine folks think.
:wave:

I also ordered me some Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials for it along with a Fender vintage bridge plate and some of those saddles from
Budz
Those should all be here for the weekend to get this thing up and running.

teleguard.JPG

DSCF1661.jpg
OH SNAP!! and you thought yours was ugly!:D

Archived