KORG AX1500G- need help!! Thanks

• Members

Hi!

I bought the Korg AX1500G a few months ago and I was wondering if anyone else who owns this multi-fx pedal could help me out with a few things:

I use a VOX AD30VT amp, and I seem to get a very trebbly sound in general, but I'm not sure if it's just because of my amp- does anyone else experience this?

Another thing- when I change presets (any one of the 5 ones) and I'm in channel A, it sometimes switches to channel B (or visa versa). Am I doing something wrong here?

I haven't properly gone through the manual yet, so I may just be being stupid, but please post back with some answers if you can help!

Thanks,

Anthony

• Members

It has to do with the way the patch was saved. If it is saved with channel B lit that is the way it will come up the next time you use that patch. You can change it by writing the patch again with the channel you want.

• Members

I understand that, but I save two different sounds on each preset button, one for A and one for B. Is this wrong?

So for example, on button two I might have Brit stack with a class A amp with a flanger for channel A, and the same but with wah for channel B on that same button.

Is this incorrect programming? And if so, what's the point of the channel select button??

I'm really confused here, I thought I understood my pedal! :(

The way I'm doing it, I have 10 different sounds, 2 for each button, within a single bank...in theory at least!

Any idea about the trebbly sound by the way? How can I stop that?

Thanks!

Anthony

• Members

I just looked at the manual I have on my computer as I'm at work right now and I don't understand the 5 preset thing. Mine only has 3 programs in each bank with the a/b channels for each = 6 in each bank. If you are in say bank C program 1 and do a write with channel B lite on the next time you bring up bank C program 1 it will be on channel B. If you want it to start with channel A you will need to do the write when channel A is lit.

As for the trebly sound are you using the equalizer when setting your patches? It needs to be adjusted for each patch.

• Members

Oh sorry, yeah you're right it's only got three- i was getting confused there, I don't have my pedal with me at the moment.

Equaliser? Do you mean I should alter the settings for each patch?

Whatever I do, I can't get that nice clean tone, as it's always either ridiculously quiet or there is too much trebble- except on the acoustic amp, where it's all bass and nothing else!

Anthony

• Members

Within each drive amp selection there are adjustment for drive, level, treble, middle and bass which is explained on page 12. Page 16 of the manual has a chart. There is also a program level setting explained on page 13 which will correct the quiet programs you have.

• Members

Ok thanks, I need to spend some serious quality time with my pedal when I get back!

One last thing: how do you get a really nice sparkly clean tone with lots of body- really creamy? I don't know which setting to use. Think of Hendrix's clean tone, something like what he uses for the solo in Little Wing, Wind Cries Mary or Hey Joe.

Thanks

Archived