Anyone in debt because of gear purchases???

ZJD

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

I've got a GC credit card that's almost maxed out...

:(

preferred player card limit :$700

preferred player card balance: $850

:cry:

but I am finally in the position to double what was I normally pay a month on it....gc card rates are a bitch! :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

No, but for the love of God people, if you're gonna go into debt for gear, don't use a GC CARD!!!!

Get something with a reasonable interest rate, yeah?

Those things are strickly fo suckaz.

I've been turned down........twice.:cry:

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

No, but for the love of God people, if you're gonna go into debt for gear, don't use a GC CARD!!!!

Get something with a reasonable interest rate, yeah?

Those things are strickly fo suckaz.

I only use my GC card when they have the no interest deals for a year. Then I pay them off in 4 months.

Right now, I owe them $600. That'll be easy to kill.

Best advise, don't borrow more than you can pay off if a few months. Use the card to take advantage of a good deal with low risk. Don't use it to buy all the gear you've ever wanted at all at once.

• Members

No, I'll never go into debt for pedals. But I have set up a budget. Trouble is I have spent my budget for the next 3 months. I have seen 3 deals come up recently that I would have pounced on, but I can't until August. :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by loofery

YES

but its to my parents

If i can pay it off they can give me another loan. I hate doing this but gas hurts.

See my thread.

Im glad to find someone else who feels bad about making their parents buy things for them.. just got a new laptop.. But i NEED MONITORS!!

Originally posted by nedsteve

I'm not in debt...but I may soon be in the dog house.
:freak:

Forgive me, but ROTFL! :D

(IOW, I can relate ;) ).

I pay cash for stuff as I need it, and actually the wife is pretty good about understanding. But then again, I use this stuff for my studio work, so I suppose that does make a difference.

• Members

if you are going into debt for gear, your an idiot, and not spending enough time trying to play music which is what the definition of being a musician/artist is.

i've not gone into debt for anything, sure i've put things on layaway a few times but the stuff i want i save for, and pay for in cash

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Forgive me, but ROTFL!
:D

(IOW, I can relate
;)
).

I pay cash for stuff as I need it, and actually the wife is pretty good about understanding. But then again, I use this stuff for my studio work, so I suppose that does make a difference.

Phil,

I can relate to this, as you know I have a parts business. I buy all sorts of guitars, amps, mixers, pedals, and just write it off as business expenses. I have to get rid of my vintage pedal habit though, as I have at least $30K in just old pedals in my storage.

I also make money off of the things that I buy. I dont buy them unless I can get at least my money back with a 10% hedge for fees such as paypal and eBay. I have an account that is set up for emergency parts, that gets spent on gear sometimes though.

John

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Forgive me, but ROTFL!
:D

(IOW, I can relate
;)
).

I usually justify the new pedal by playing something awful, then turn on the new pedal and playing something sweet. That way the wife tells me how good of an investment the effect was.:thu:

Just kidding. She is very tolerent of my purchases...sometimes...maybe...once in awhile...

Archived