Line 6: Tone Core Echo Park

Giorgi

• Members
Originally posted by Giorgi

It works with my Wah.. so it should work with the line6 too no?

And about the polarity etc.. im in europe so its all different
;)

we have 220volt etc..

polarity is the same everywhere. Line 6 pedals use same polarity as boss pedals - center negative.

• Members

for all tone core pedals every boss style adapter works.

my echopark is noisy when daisychained with other pedals. i use my pedalpower 2+ to power it and it works perfect.

i love the sound and the options of the echopark

• Members
Originally posted by Giorgi

anybody can make or give me link to some samples?
:p
my local doesnt have the echopark
:(
so ill have to ride like 30 mins to get to anotehr one and its not possible untill tommorow
:p

how about trying the line6 homepage? i know it sounds obivious :D
here you go:
http://www.line6.com/tonecore/echoPark.html

but i made the fault going to a local shop and give it a try, and after i have played it for about 20min i couldn't resist to buy it :)
thats a reason why i don't try the dd-20 or the dl-4 cause i might not be able to resist them either

• Members

I have an Echo Park on my board and couldn't live without it. I have no desire to try any other delays. It does everything I want and does it very well. I have a TC Electronic D-Two in my rack that I hardly ever use anymore since getting the EP. :thu:

• Members

I got my Echo Park the first week they came out, so it's done a lot of gigs with me, and it's performed pretty much flawlessly right from the start. I never had the hiss issue that some early Echo Park owners encountered, but there was some speculation that that issue was rig related. Newer manfactured EPs don't hiss at all though, so if the one you're trading for is fairly new you'll have no problem.

There is one downside, it has a volume boost when engaged. For my purposes it's a very minor issue, in fact it's more of a positive than a negative.

Tonecores are pretty picky about what kind of power they get. I think they need every one of the 100 milliamps that they are rated at, so sometimes daisy chains will cause hum. Mostly because of a lack of power. I power mine with a PP2 on the regular 9volt setting (note, not the Line 6 setting), and I've used a regular Boss PSA adapter with no issues at all.

I'm seeing these issues crop up with Echo Parks less and less often, so either everyone that has one knows how to run it to best effect, or the newer manfactured ones have solved some of these issues.

• Members

Ya tried it out!

It's the only delay pedal that I tried in my life but it's very very complete! It has so many functions :o I spent like 20 mins trying it and the vendor was like :cry: when I left without buying it ^^. But whatev, vendors suxzor anywayzor. :o

Archived