Line 6: Tone Core Echo Park

Giorgi

• Members

Hi,

So I want a good delay. I saw few artists that I like use the Rv-3 so I was pretty much decided to buy that one (used) but now a guy told me he'd like to exchange my distortion pedal for thise Line6 Echopark.

So what do u think about it?

RV3 vs Echopark - Which one is better?

Im gonna use it to play some Tom Morello stuff (audioslave, ratm..) Wes borland (Limp Bizkit) and other random stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by loofery

echo park beats all the boss delays except for the dd20.

unless your distortion pedal is worth a dd20, you might wanna trade, but first, whats the dirt pedal?

Dist pedal is proco turbo rat, and imo it's worth both Rv3 and Echopark.

I was planning to sell the turbo rat, but the guy wants to trade it so i think ill do it ;)

BTW RV3 IS DELAY. THANKS.

:thu:

• Members

I compared my Echo Park to DD-6, maybe it's too different from Rv-3, I don't know, but it's much better then DD-6, more sounds, 11 different delays, tap tempo. I was realy impressed when I played echo park for a first time. I wish it was programmable.

• Members

I own an Echo Park and I loooooooove it. I get lost for hours on end playing with this thing find all sorts of sounds.

I can't compare it to the RV-3 but I guess I just wanted to add a +1 for the Echo Park. The only down side to it would be powering it. It eats batteries and you will get noise from battery use. I use a 1 spot but my Tonecore converter hasn't come in from Visual Sound yet. :mad: This is the only place that I absolutely know the Boss would win. Because it can be powered very easily to a readily available boss adapter.

• Members

Tonecore converter???? I run mine off the regular boss style plug on the One Spot. Works perfectly and has for almost 2 years now. Another thing the tonecore is really pretty versatile and fun to mess with, but still very useable.

• Members

Originally posted by therhodeo

Tonecore converter???? I run mine off the regular boss style plug on the One Spot. Works perfectly and has for almost 2 years now. Another thing the tonecore is really pretty versatile and fun to mess with, but still very useable.

Whaaaaaaaa... Haha, no way.

I thought I needed one of these.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-L6-Converter-for-the-1-SPOT?sku=151691

• Members

I'm scared to plug it in the daisy chain without the adaptor because I don't want to fry it. Are you sure this works man?

Can someone confirm?

Am I a dumbass that has wasted money on batteries while a converter that I don't need comes in?

:freak:

• Members

For my needs, the only delay I'd look at beyond the echo park is a Deluxe Memory Man - purely for it's crazy space oscillation ability.

The echo park is awesome, IMO - very versatile and easy to use/control. Even great for non 'echo' effects - like dialling in a super short delay with 'no' repeats, adding vibrato, then throwing the mix to 100% for warbley bliss or screeching pitch bend feedback.

One of the things that sealed the deal for me was the smooth time adjustments for pitch effects on the fly. It sounds great.

Hate the case design though - horrid.

Archived