Splitting/Stereo Question

• Members

My goal is to get a "wall of sound" and basically a lot of noise from two amps building off each other. I have a Super Reverb right now and am going to buy a new amp as well soon.

Here is the setup I plan on doing:

Effects board to a Signal Splitter OR Stereo Delay and then run one of the splitting lijnes into a transistor preamp/distortion.

I want an echo stereo delay sound that provides a "wall of sound". Would it be best to use a Stereo delay such as the DD6 or a line splitter to get an echoing/shaking effect sound from my amps?

• Members

An effective way to get a "wall of sound" from two amps:

1. Dirt pedals almost always go first (unless there wahs and whammys involved, but then again, there are some weirdos in here who like their wahs after the dirt pedals)

2. Modulation pedals after dirt

3. Stereo Delay last

4. Stereo Reverb after the stereo delay (the real real last)

If you want different distortion sounds for each amp, I suggest you EQ the two amps differently. But since you'll probably being using two amps anyway, this will probably not be a problem.

Stereo modulation pedals are highly effective for the "wall of sound" effect if you have a delay that accepts two inputs (stereo input).

A stereo panner, like the Boss PN-2, or Line 6 version, are excellent for spatial shifts in your "wall;" even more so than a stereo delay.

For delay: I've heard bad things about the DD-6, but I can't confirm them (my DD-5 is good though). I believe the Line 6 DM4 is the best delay, and once you buy that one, you really don't ever need another delay pedal, unless you get swept away by the analog craze.

Reverb after the delay ensures your "wall."

Finally, you don't need two amps to make the wall, but if you have them, it will definitely sound cooler.

• Members

Sorry for bothering, but my question is kinda related to this thread. What would you do if you have let's say stereo chorus -> mono tremolo->stereo delay? I mean a mono pedal between 2 stereo pedals in a chain. How can I get stereo?

• Members

Originally posted by CallMeBlind

Sorry for bothering, but my question is kinda related to this thread. What would you do if you have let's say stereo chorus -> mono tremolo->stereo delay? I mean a mono pedal between 2 stereo pedals in a chain. How can I get stereo?

Elementary my dear Watson.

1. You buy a tremolo/panner, like the Boss PN-2, the Line 6 version, the 4ms Tremulus Panneur.

2. You put the tremolo before the chorus

3. You put the tremolo only on side after the stereo chorus. This is a really good effect too, and makes for a unique kind of stereo tremolo sound, and it won't sound cheesy.

Archived