Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

• Members

I've been using a giant Ernie Ball stereo volume pedal for the last two years and I just realized that this pedal sucks a lot of tone and volume from my signal. Are there better volume pedals that don't suck so much, or would I have to get an active volume pedal (mine is passive).

Even with this complaint, I love the action and feel of the Ernie Ball. So if there are alternatives, let them not be by Boss!

• Members
Originally posted by CicadaSilence

Run a search. This topic came up not long ago, and there were some great suggestions thrown around. Goodrich was one of them, I think. Hella pricey, though...

correct me if i'm wrong, but i remember reading that the goodriches (maybe a specific model?) couldn't taper from full on to full off...you kind of have to skew the taper where you want it????

am i crazy??? :freak::wave:

• Members

correct me if i'm wrong, but i remember reading that the goodriches (maybe a specific model?) couldn't taper from full on to full off...you kind of have to skew the taper where you want it????

i found that to be the case with my old ernie ball VP. the goodrich goes completely silent to full on...i've never adjusted anything on it.

• Members

I modded my EB a bit.
Put a 1M pot in, it helped some w/ the tone sucking, but still lost some high end & volume.
Wound up mounting a DPDT footswitch on the side (also relocated the input) for true bypass. Only needed it for 1, I could kick it in.
It's not even on my board anymore.

Archived