FuzzFactory with Overdrives

• Members

A few weeks ago I bought my first FuzzFactory (or rather, my sugar mommy bought it for me), and I've found that it doesn't work with my HK Tube Factor at all, whether it is placed before or after the tube pedal. This really sucks because I like my Tube Factor, but the coloration of the Tube Factor - even at the most subtle break up settings - colors the sound of my FuzzFactory in an awful way. But I like my Tube Factor set to the most minimal break up, so that you almost can't tell whether I've turned the pedal on or not.

I recently tried the FuzzFactory with my old Jekyll and Hyde, and the coloration from the Jekyll (a TS-808 type overdrive) is minimal and usable.

So the question:

Why doesn't the FuzzFactory work with the Tube Factor?

P.S.

Check out my Lauren Bennett painted FuzzFactory!

• Members

I don't need to play the two simlutaneously, but I hate having to tap dance. So I like to be able to use both and have it sound awesome.

I used to use a Russian Big Muff after the Tube Factor, and it was awesome. In fact, it worked well even before the Tube Factor. The amount of colorization the Tube Factor gave the Big Muff was negligible, and I like Muff on the bright side.

But the FuzzFactory is a completely different animal. When I have the FuzzFactory on with the Tube Factor, the fuzz loses much of the brightness that I love.

And by the way, the Tube Factor is capable of the most subtle gains, and I use the pedal primarily to give "warmth" to my amps. I use the Tube Factor the way someone might use a Super Hard On or a Klon. I guess it's a good thing that I just bought the stuff to build a Rangemaster clone. Hopefully it will be usable, since it's my first build.

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

where do I get me a sugar momma?

You can't buy them silly. They're supposed to buy stuff for you! Mine takes me to expensive restaurants. She bought my $800 Lovetone Flange, and now my Zvex custom painted by Laura Bennett Fuzz Factory.

You find them sitting by themselves at gothic clubs drinking beer so bad, you wouldn't even drink it (Bud, Coors, Pabst, etc).

Archived