Hilarious - i just got a thread deleted in Electric Guitars for no reason

sonaboy

• Members

All i did was post a SOT thread about a thread the week before having to do with the Dixie Chix, and how their new album hit #1, in spite of all the "patriots" that hate them and boycotted them for joking about Bush, being fat, not being as cool as Toby Keith, etc.

gotta love that "hands off" moderation.

i guess their on topic policy is much more strict than HCFX.

:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

it's OT and concerns politics.

that's a no-no over there.

should've mentioned that the Dixies Chicks play Agiles!
:idea:

i don't understand how talking about musicians is OT.

the original thread actually ASKED about a guitar one of them used on Letterman - this basically started a {censored}-storm.

i was cracking up. i can't believe people still hold a grudge at some chicks who merely play bluegrass and pose for magazines FIVE YEARS LATER.

wow.

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

i don't understand how talking about musicians is OT.

the original thread actually ASKED about a guitar one of them used on Letterman - this basically started a {censored}-storm.

i was cracking up. i can't believe people still hold a grudge at some chicks who merely play bluegrass and pose for magazines FIVE YEARS LATER.

wow.

it's kinda like boycotting someone's pedals because of the pedalmaker's political views.
all i know is that i started a thread and got 0 responses. i think i'll bump just out of spite!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16761741#post16761741

• Members

it's kinda like boycotting someone's pedals because of the pedalmaker's political views.

all i know is that i started a thread and got 0 responses. i think i'll bump just out of spite!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16761741#post16761741

hahah!
did the dixie chix play one?

hahah

• Members

hey! there's a reply!

HCEG seems very responsive to the Dixie Chicks!

i think certain "key terms" set off the alarm in some forum members' Bill O'Reilly Secret Decoder Rings.

:D :D

• Members

Damn ass O'Rieley. I agree with him sometimes, but what an ignorant comment. Oh, I forgot he's a country music critic. lol

On this topic, I'm embarrased to say I like the new single. It was co-written by Charlie Robinson, and I love El Cerrito Place too, though.

A pop-country boy can survive! (With some old school country on the side)

• Members

Originally posted by PFDarkside

Damn ass O'Rieley. I agree with him sometimes, but what an ignorant comment. Oh, I forgot he's a country music critic. lol

On this topic, I'm embarrased to say I like the new single. It was co-written by Charlie Robinson, and I love El Cerrito Place too, though.

A pop-country boy can survive! (With some old school country on the side)

I seriously don't care about the DC, i just thought it was funny in two instances that

A) people STILL hold a grudge against a pop country trio that made some watered-down insult to the Prez five years ago. helloooooo..like you haven't met anyone who took a dig at Dubyah over the last 5 years?!?!

B) the supposed boycott of the DC on country radio basically backfired and shot their new album to #1 the week it debuted. i love irony, especially when it comes to consumer activism. like how some fringe religious group smears some random album or book, and the item begins flying off the shelves.

i love {censored} like that.

ah well...whatever.

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

I seriously don't care about the DC, i just thought it was funny in two instances that

A) people STILL hold a grudge against a pop country trio that made some watered-down insult to the Prez five years ago. helloooooo..like you haven't met anyone who took a dig at Dubyah over the last 5 years?!?!

B) the supposed boycott of the DC on country radio basically backfired and shot their new album to #1 the week it debuted. i love irony, especially when it comes to consumer activism. like how some fringe religious group smears some random album or book, and the item begins flying off the shelves.

i love {censored} like that.

ah well...whatever.

hey sonaboy, check it out!
Dixie Chicks really DO get them going!

remember how everyone against the DC's and pro-Bush claimed that sales were dropping like flies? despite the album being on the charts. :confused:

oh well, i don't have time for that. i'm to busy finding out about pedalmakers' politics so i can find out whose products to boycott.

• Members

hey sonaboy, check it out!

Dixie Chicks really DO get them going!

remember how everyone against the DC's and pro-Bush claimed that sales were dropping like flies? despite the album being on the charts.
:confused:

oh well, i don't have time for that. i'm to busy finding out about pedalmakers' politics so i can find out whose products to boycott.

i know - they all launched into a "well, THIS album has sole 100,000 copies LESS than the previous one to it, so obviously the boycott worked because they only sold 526,000 copies the first week.

i'm sitting there going :freak: :freak:

526,000 copies is considered a failure, WITHOUT the previous radio market they had on the young country circuit?!?!
i wish I COULD make an album that failed that miserably, i'd be set for life.

hilarious.
let's hear it for radio activism!!
way to show THEM who's boss!!
they only made a few million this time instead of 8 million.
they must be eating Ramen Noodles and begging for change outside their concerts...

• Members

Sounds bizarre to me. Isn't Bush's approval rating wallowing in the low 30s? How can you honestly seek to contradict what the DC claimed (can't remember what they said exactly) in light of this fact? Sounds like the Bush's supporters are forcibly creating a diversion for themselves from having to acknowledge that their President is unpopular and the policies they supported have had little positive benefit for their country.

I doubt any musical act would willingly claim to be pro-Howard here. :D

Archived