I need some fuzzy goodness to cheer myself up, help fill the muff spectrum!!!!!

ejk

• Members

Yeah it appears as if my latest screwball relationship finally HAS come to an actual end after much hell and immaturity bestowed towards me on her behalf.....insert sarcastic smiley here:). But anyway.....I no longer need to stash money away for dates, so it's time for some more FUZZ:p!!!!

Basically I've got 3 fuzzes on my board and I like to only deal with Muff-styled pedals. The Ultra Fuzz is used almost exclusively for it's screwball sounds and not so much actual fuzz/dist tones, the Classic Fuzz gives me a solution for actual fuzz and lower gain applications while still sounding Muff-like in character, and the Little Big Muff pretty much covers the typical Muff tones. All that's missing is some kind of "armageddon is upon us" super huge sounding muff on steroids type of pedal. So what do you guys reccomend? So far I was thinking about the Bee Baa and Fender Blender. I know about Barge Concepts, but does anybody make a good Fender Blender clone?

• Members

I personally don't consider the Bee-Baa or Blender to be muff type fuzzes. Not that i have a recomendation for you.:(

Maybe a Frantone the sweet or a skreddy?

My fave muff type pedal is the ibanez OD-850 but i don't think it's an armageddon type pedal. Come to think of it maybe armageddon muff is an oxymoron.

• Members

There's a couple of Blender clones out there - Fender has RI model, there's the RonSound Flender, and a clone by MMFX. I'm not sure if MMFX is still around, and I've heard mixed reviews of the clone.

I think a BB is going to be more Mufflike than a Blender, but it's not really a muff. It's more of an angry snatch. If you want to try out the BB-1, I think there's one in the trade thread, or you can buy direct from us. If you don't dig it, we've got a 7 day return policy.

A boost with your current fuzzes might work as well. Check out our DB-1 Dual Boost . Any (or all) of your fuzzes in the fx loop of the DB-1 will get pretty damn nasty. We haven't advertised it yet, but we're running a sale on the DB-1 - $75, with the usual free shipping.

Good luck!

• Members

My first recommendation fot a great Muff sound would be a great Muff. Get an original triangle knob muff. They are worth every penny.

But it also sounds like you want a super intense fuzz pedal. In that case thr MJM Foxey Fuzz is the clear winner in my book. During on of the NYC HGEF geek outs we had a shoot out with ton's of effects pedals and that one was super intense.

If you want something with an octave up consider the Prescription Elctronics Experience pdal as well.

• Members
Originally posted by Blungo

I personally don't consider the Bee-Baa or Blender to be muff type fuzzes. Not that i have a recomendation for you.
:(

Maybe a Frantone the sweet ....

+1... see if you can find one used...very big fuzz tones...I read some complain it's "too much" for them but it depends on how you like your fuzz...

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by PurpleStrat

So you just broke up with your girlfriend and your looking for some new Muff? Sounds about right!
:D

.......man, I must be slipping. I seriously didn't even see that one comming even though it should have been painfully obvious:wave:.

Speaking of MMFX, looks like he's back from Iraq and making pedals again. I wen't to check his site to see if he still makes the Fender Bender(sadly he doesn't), but I found this new "muff on steroids" instead. Anybody know anything about it?
http://www.morganmillerfx.com/greenhornet.htm

• Members

Personally I think a swollen pickle into a muff sounds interesting.

:eek:

That MMFX Green Hornet looks interesting. I've been debating the fuzz thing myself lately... been leaning towards an ICBM or Mayo... but I dunno. Also thought about the VD1 or mini muff to save on some $

• Members
Originally posted by dbx

Now that's a name for a Muff clone...maybe Mr. Sage can cop it for his Pickle clone...

;)

Unfortunately I have 10 enclosures drying right now that already say "Black Pearl Distortion" on them...

:thu:

Archived