Keeley MT-2 mod vs. Monte Allums MT-2 mod?

• Members

"my nasal, almost sold MT-2"

hahaha, LOL!

I guess I'll be sending my pedal into CMATMODS to have the sustainiac mod done then.

Olle, do you prefer the H20 mod to the Keeley? I had a Keeley BD-2 a few years back and it was kind of piercing and trebly sounding even with the tone control set low.

• Members

I did the opto mod kit to my CS-3 and it is INCREDIBLE, its better than any compressor pedal i've ever used. The stock pedal is terrible in comparison.

I too am wondering if i should get teh MT-2 mod. But i've heard so many people at the pedal DIY forums say if you don't like the MT-2 stock just sell it, its not a great pedal for modding, cause after modding it, it will just be a regular old boring distortion pedal (whatever that means?)

• Members

Originally posted by stangme01

I did the opto mod kit to my CS-3 and it is INCREDIBLE, its better than any compressor pedal i've ever used. The stock pedal is terrible in comparison.

Same here. The Monte opto mod is great, but really isn't helping the poster.

:D

Monte and Keeley both make nice stuff.

• Members

anyone know what the difference is between the 2 Monte MT-2 mods? I don't want to do the clean boost mod, so i'd wan't the high gain version of the sustainiac if i got that one, or the regular MT-2 mod, but i have no clue which one would be better if you want high gain :confused:

And are Monte's MT-2 mods similar to Keely's regular MT-2 mods?

I've also read you can put a switch in like the keeley switch to go between the high gain and low gain sustainiac mod? Do you remove the diodes for the low gain mod or something?

• 2 months later...
  • Members

After playing the Analogman DS-1, I am interested to check out his MT-2. Out of the three MT modders Analogman is the only one that conducts a chip change. In a perfect world I'd be able to put them all head to head and pick my favorite . . .

I did Monte's original MT mod and it's nice but it's been bumped out by the DS-1 and GF.

Archived