Sound on Sound looper

• Members

Sorry, was definitely joking about Keeley...

The Boomerang kills-- the only issue is that it's a bit noisy (not noticeable at gigging volumes), but they're going to be releasing an upgrade soon...

Allegedly.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Poopsicle

The DL-4 Does really nice SoS Looping IMO. Ed from Radiohead has done some incredible complex live looping with it.

I agree, great looper for sound on sound, and very simple and intuitive. Awesome for playing out live, and doing loops on the fly.

• Members

I'm realizing that what I really need is overdubbing and feedback now and that the BossRC50 isn't going to do it. I am looking in the EH 2880 direction along with the DL4 and Looperlative now. Also the Manecoloopers.

I'm looking for an "An expressive control" i guess.

• Members

Yep, the more and more I read into it, it is looking like a choice between the 2880 and the DL4. Why is the maneco overkill? I listened to one of the demo's and really liked it. It was being used for industrial like music like NIN. It sounded pretty good.

• Members

I am really sold on sound quality too. Which of these three would you recommend woul have the best output of sound. Do any of these hinder the sound level? I am also really into the fact that the 2880 can be used with USB and a computer. But then again, I want anything but an artificial sound.

Right now it is between 2880, Meneco and DL4.

I already have a Memory man though and I'm afraid of giving my sould to Electro-Harmonix, lol.

• Members

It's overkill in terms of features and price-- if you just want to make a wall of sound, you don't need all the features the Manecos have.

But I probably don't fully comprehend what you intend to do with it, so... if I was you, I'd try the DL4 first, and if it's not enough, you can move it very easily without taking much of a hit, and try something bigger/better.

I can't comment on sound quality, but the Manecos are supposed to be "lo-fi digital" so that they sound almost analog. IMO, this is a good thing, but YMMV.

• Members

Latest update on my search for a Looper after doing massive research for the past three days.

I don't think I will go with the DL4. It seems too cheap and not as vintage I guess.

I want to get a Maneco badly (I just have a natural good feeling about it) but if not I will go with the Electro-Harmonix. Again, though if anyone can help me with the Roland RE-201 and tell me what exactly it does in comparison to the other two.

• Members

I am waiting to see exactly what the new Boomerang is all about. The current version has great reviews for ease of use but has issues with noise and is HUGE.

The new one is rumored to have much improved noise/signal ratio and other new tricks and to be cheaper. Cheaper is always nice.

Archived