Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

• Members

The company I used to work for produced that movie. I did the website while I worked for them (now no longer up).

It was cool to see how involved Metallica was with the flick as well as the website. They put out their own money to make themselves look pretty silly. That's probably why it was a moderate success.

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

Lars' father > everything

Lar's old man has a band here in Seattle. I've yet to check it out. I think one of the guys from the band Sindios plays drums for him. Apparently, Lars doesn't like this drummer much cause his dad is always talking about how great a drummer he is. Lars replies with, "Yeah but how many gold and plantinum records has he played on?"

• Members

When they were sitting in the studio listening to some demos with Lars' father I was bewildered when his father was telling him how everything sucked. The song that was playing was pretty cool sounding and alot better than the final results of those sessions.

• Members

Originally posted by houseofglass21

When they were sitting in the studio listening to some demos with Lars' father I was bewildered when his father was telling him how everything sucked. The song that was playing was pretty cool sounding and alot better than the final results of those sessions.

ECHO CHAMBER!! Lars' dad just wants them to suck worse. duh!

• Members

After watching Some Kind of Monster I realized that:

1. Hetfield is a prima donna.

2. Lars is not so much of an asshole as James is.

3. Kirk is the only one with some integrity (remember his little speech about the guitar solos?)

I think that the whole Mustaine part was embarrassing for everyone.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Lar's old man has a band here in Seattle. I've yet to check it out. I think one of the guys from the band Sindios plays drums for him. Apparently, Lars doesn't like this drummer much cause his dad is always talking about how great a drummer he is. Lars replies with, "Yeah but how many gold and plantinum records has he played on?"

What's the band called?

• Members

Originally posted by tnttnttnt

After watching Some Kind of Monster I realized that:

1. Hetfield is a prima donna.

2. Lars is not so much of an asshole as James is.

3. Kirk is the only one with some integrity (remember his little speech about the guitar solos?)

Man, I didn't get that from Hetfield at all. What I get from that guy is Lars is a bitch. James has a family and an alcohol problem, even Metallica takes second stage to those. Lars is a sissy, it pained me to watch him lounge on the couch like at any moment his peeled grapes would be delivered by equally topless Brazilian 17 year old boy and a Roman paragon concubine. Never the less, I respect them more for the fact that they put the film out.

• Members

Originally posted by tnttnttnt

I lost so much respect for him after seeing and hearing that!:(

I would much rather be playing the tunes on "the system has failed" than anything metalica wrote or played after the black album

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Man, I didn't get that from Hetfield at all. What I get from that guy is Lars is a bitch. James has a family and an alcohol problem, even Metallica takes second stage to those. Lars is a sissy, it pained me to watch him lounge on the couch like at any moment his peeled grapes would be delivered by equally topless Brazilian 17 year old boy and a Roman paragon concubine. Never the less, I respect them more for the fact that they put the film out.

+1. I watched it with my mom and she said 'wow, that drummer guy sure must be a pain in the ass for the band. Annoying little guy...' :D

Also, yes, while Kirk's monologue about traditional guitarsolos was nice, the editing was quite ironic, because right after he said he was through with traditional solo's, they showed a clip of him shredding/wah-ing like hell during a live gig. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by houseofglass21

I totally agree! I was like WTF you old geezer stfu it was cool kinda spacey sounding

His dad is a f'in weirdo :rolleyes:

• Members

That band is sooo lost. No direction at all. Kudos for putting it out.

I love when the therapist hands Hetfield a lyric sheet.

It says it all that they laughed at "my lifestyle determines my death style", then that's a pivotal moment of the album.

Archived