I hate playing the 'tell me what's best' card, but...

• Members

I've been thinking about getting a overdrive or distortion pedal lately. Something for a vintage classic rock sound.

Can I get some comments on some? The Ibanez Tubescreamers, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff distortion, Dunlop Fuzz Face, I don't know, some of the standard ones people list.

• Members

I'd start with the Skreddy Screw Driver. Great classic rock sounds in there. Does low gain and medium gain equally well.

I am biased these days to the Screw Driver as well as the Lovepedal Eternity. My two favorite OD's and both are permanent on my board.

Both are very unique pedals and not of the tube screamer lineage.

• Members

Originally posted by TheRedAndBlack

Not really.

Haha, seriously. I just want to know about them. I've never played any pedals, at all. I know nothing about how they sound.

Well the Muff will get you in Pink Floyd territory, The Fuzz Face will get you in the Hendrix area and the Tube Screamer will cover the lower gain classic rock sound pretty well. My favorite would be the Muff.

• Members

Originally posted by TheRedAndBlack

Not really.

Haha, seriously. I just want to know about them. I've never played any pedals, at all. I know nothing about how they sound.

Go to the websites of the pedal brands and download the clips ... in conjunction read the HC reviews of the same pedals.

• Members

good combo would be a Frantone peachfuzz and a lovepedal eternity

I hear the eternity is a good overdrive/distortion and can do a nice treble booster.

The peachfuzz can cover thick muff like overdrive and cleans up nice for a face-like od/fuzz.

the peachfuzz really shines with something boosting its trebles as it can be quite thick and thumpy on the low end. but it sings gorgeously.

Archived