Got my Eternity Today

• Members

Wow, this is a lot different than the COT50. Higher gain, more compressed, and smoother. Neither are better, really, just different.

I tried it out alone first, it really shines with the Bridge Pickup of the strat, but with the proper treble boost, it sounds great with any set of pickups.

There is a lot of gain on tap in this thing, I can get it pretty rockin'. However, I really think it's more of a lead pedal. I'm thinking of maybe using my RC Booster with it rather than the COT50. I play low volume blues settings most of the time, so I'd have the RC on to simulate breakup and then the Eternity for the solo.

I can imagine the COT50 for rhythm and the E for lead would be great, but you need to have a good amount of volume for the COT50 to really shine.

I like the tone control very much, it's a great idea to have a treble boost. Basically sync it with the amp (unless you want to use it as a treble boost of course). I do have to tweak it when using different pickups though to get the tones I'm looking for.

Anyway, that's my review of the Eternity so far. I'm on a honeymoon (with the E), but it looks like this marriage may last.

• Members

Run them 50>RC>E. Most of the time I run the 50 with the RC to get some volume happening. The E set to lower gain with the 50 hitting it is pure bliss. Don't dismiss anything just yet. I have had my E and 50 for a while now and am still learning their usefulness today. Lots of different tonal capabilities with the 50, RC and E. Especially in that order. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by DJLantz444

That setup would be great, but for low volume use, I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

I don't get it. What do you mean? I play at low volumes and the set-up I just said works better than fine. :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

I don't get it. What do you mean? I play at low volumes and the set-up I just said works better than fine.
:confused:

I'm not sure I get it either...

I play at low volumes too, and I've found running the 50 first into any other OD after it works great (an MI Audio Blue Boy and Timmy in my case). I don't have any volume issues using the 50 to hit the other ODs.

• Members

Also, I can say that if I was going on a gig and had to take 1 pedal.. this might be the one. It can do it all.

It's sort of like a much more natural sounding RAT in the fact that it has many uses (OD, Dist, etc.). I can get some RAT like tones out of it too. However, everything wrong with the RAT is nonexistant in the eternity.

• Members

I misunderstood what you said.

However, Arjae, if I could only really open up the volume on one pedal which should it be? The E or the RC? The COT50 sounds fine as a boost low, I know that.

the volume higher on the RC first in the chain
is gonna sound better, cause the eternity loves
to be pushed, also, if the volume on the eternity were higher the sound would be more
compressed.

:)

• Members
Originally posted by ice house

to be pushed, also, if the volume on the eternity were higher the sound would be more

compressed.

Not if he has a 50, that one should go first IMO...

• Members
Originally posted by erksin

Not if he has a 50, that one should go first IMO...

i agree with that, as i run my 50 first as well, but i understood him as refering to the E, or the
RC first, if it came down to those 2, I would run
the RC foist!:)

• Members

compressed.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that Sean bumped me up on the list. I only ordered it a week ago. :confused::D

• Members

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that Sean bumped me up on the list. I only ordered it a week ago.
:confused::D

thank me later! the E seperates the toys from the real deal, my wife... who is not musicaly,
inclined per se...... actually knows when i have
the eternity on or a wannabe! she call's it a mature sound, i call it professional!:thu:

• Members

i agree with that, as i run my 50 first as well, but i understood him as refering to the E, or the

RC first, if it came down to those 2, I would run

the RC foist!

Interesting - I tend to run the OD with the most EQ flexibility last in the chain to take advantage of it's more precise tone shaping. I know the E has a pretty sophisticated Tone knob, though. The ears are always the final judge...

Archived