Heading Out to Ed Roman Guitars in Vegas

• Members
Originally posted by mrbluetone

I'll just have my limo driver pull up front - I'll walk through with a rock start attitude with my Elvis sun glasses on and tell them I really didn't see anything interesting hop back in limo and ride!

you should choose like 10 guitars- get them to box em up- then say 'nah, dun worry about it' and strut out..

;)

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

Wow - I'd never seen pictures of the actual shop before. That's a lot of guitars.

Though rather a lack of amps to try them through.
:confused:

There are amps - I tried a Heritage (H150?) Goldtop and a Heritage 'Blues Deluxe' in there. And a Quicksilver. I was also 'lucky' enough to get Ed's world view on guitar brands, retail and the rest of the industry (at some length).

He has bad halitosis.

• Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

I met Ed and got to play one of his Quicksilvers at the Dallas Guitar Show. The guitar had loose knobs on it.
:freak:
You'd think he'd bring his best to the show.

I must concede that the Quicksilver I played was flippin' gorgeous and very very well built.

• Members

I think he is actually one of the biggest sellers of a bunch of brands of guitars. Even that is not a reason he should be a big prick to his customers.

We have a shop like that here in the phoenix area, not anywhere as big though. The guy sells very high end guitars, and amps. Anyways, if you ask to play a guitar, you will get looks like you are crazy, if you can find a sales person that isnt surfing the web. I love going in there and ask questions, and correct the sales people as they are trying to blow out their hot air.

John

• Members

Ed definitely sells a {censored}load of stuff. One interesting thing I've read about him, and seen the lawsuit to prove it. You want to know why Ed can get you any custom guitar you want? He has guys make them. There is really no telling how many guitars he has sold as Fender, Gibson, PRS, etc. that were just guitars he had made. I wouldn't buy a pack of strings from the asshole.

• Members
Originally posted by phishmarisol

One interesting thing I've read about him, and seen the lawsuit to prove it. You want to know why Ed can get you any custom guitar you want? He has guys make them. There is really no telling how many guitars he has sold as Fender, Gibson, PRS, etc. that were just guitars he had made.

He has rants all over his website warning people of counterfeits. :freak:

Archived