A flanger similar to the original electric mistress?

• Members

Any other flanger/chorus that can do close to what hte electric mistress can? I've heard the reissue sucks tone, is noisey (i can imagine its similar to how noisey the small clone is which is REALLY noisey) and isn't nearly the pedal the original was.

Are there any other flangers with capability of getting great gilmour sounds, as well as a great classic flanger sound?

I don't want to spend $200 so hopefully there is something close

• Members

Originally posted by madmike90

not sure if this is what your looking for but you might want to try the

MXR eVh UNCHAINED! flanger

you can find it on
www.jimdunlop.com

Well first thing i noticed is $299

Also eddies sig flanger sound is the classic flanger sound, i also want a davil gilmour thick deep overtone type sound from teh wall. Would the MXR give that type of sound?

• Members

the evh flanger is 190.

it is a $145 flanger with a paint job.

you can get an mxr flanger used for 100, its the classic flanger, i cant recall gilmour doing flanging but its what evh used.

my arion flanger can do the same settings but sounds warmer than the mxr.

pick one up for $30-40

• Members

Originally posted by todd richman

Why not just buy an original Electric Mistress(not the Deluxe) or get a reissue Deluxe and have Howard Davis convert it to original specs and true bypass it while he has it?

cause like i said i really don't like spending much on pedals and that pedal + mods we are looking at prices that one of my amps costs :eek: $100 is fine, but $200 is pushing it. The EM route we are talking $300 or more if i want a good condition one and modded.

• Members

I do not think you will find a flanger to d what you want for $10. Save up for a few weeks and get the Mistress with mods. Used reissues are cheap and the mods are not that pricey.

+1

The older RIs with the built in power cords sound pretty nice to me.

• Members

I do not think you will find a flanger to d what you want for $10. Save up for a few weeks and get the Mistress with mods. Used reissues are cheap and the mods are not that pricey.

Well actually i said $100 not $10 and i would look for something used, not new for that price. Also i can afford probably any pedal on the market, its just that i can't bring myself to pay that much for a pedal. Even the best pedals i've played around with IMO aren't worth paying more than $120-$130 for.

Hmmm maybe i'll try that arion out. I played the boss flanger again today, man why are those so popular :confused: i thought the X-series Digitech was much better, still not what i'm looking for though.

• Members

The improvement in flanging went from the EH Electric Mistress to the new EH Flanger Hoax. The Hoax also does Phasing. It's a Thru Zero Flanger with 2 Manual Controls (Delay Lines) unlike any other Flanger on the market. Some sell the B-Stock Flanger Hoax at a reduced price.

www.ehx.com

• Members

Originally posted by StompboxMan

The improvement in flanging went from the EH Electric Mistress to the new EH Flanger Hoax. The Hoax also does Phasing. It's a Thru Zero Flanger with 2 Manual Controls (Delay Lines) unlike any other Flanger on the market. Some sell the B-Stock Flanger Hoax at a reduced price.

www.ehx.com

This new guy at GC was telling about this thing today I was like "yeah um hm" he was all excited about it, but i just figured it was BS. Guess i'll have to check it out. I did end up liking the small stone surprisingly :thu:

• Members

Hey i just wanted to thank you guys and give you an update.

I picked up one of those Arion Flangers I found one on ebay that this guy has had for like a decade that was like brand new in the box with the warranty card/instructions etc. for dirt cheap.

I am just BLOWN AWAY at how happy i am :eek:

I haven't played a better flanger for my tastes, there is no way i would have been happier with the EH mistress! This thing has very mild to VERY overboard flanging, also will do chorus stuff. Some major detuned type chorus too if you want. IT takes a Boss power supply jack and is dead quiet, and no tone sucking!

This has got to be one of the best kept pedal secrets of all time. This is the biggest score i've had since playing guitar. (for getting great value for my money)

thanks again guys :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by stangme01

I picked up one of those Arion Flangers I found one on ebay that this guy has had for like a decade that was like brand new in the box with the warranty card/instructions etc. for dirt cheap.

I am just BLOWN AWAY at how happy i am
:eek:
I haven't played a better flanger for my tastes, there is no way i would have been happier with the EH mistress! This thing has very mild to VERY overboard flanging, also will do chorus stuff. Some major detuned type chorus too if you want. IT takes a Boss power supply jack and is dead quiet, and no tone sucking!

This has got to be one of the best kept pedal secrets of all time. This is the biggest score i've had since playing guitar. (for getting great value for my money)

thanks again guys
:thu:

:thu: :thu: :thu:

great sounds, and more durable than one might expect. be careful with the battery door tabs; they are the weak point of the pedal. :rolleyes:

• Members

good going stangme I think I've told 4 people to get the arion and you were the only one who came through.. to the other people, i told you so!

L6, you have such good taste in gear, I don't think I would ever trade you for anything, because if a pedal was good, you wouldn't be spamming it !

• Members

Originally posted by stangme01

I am just BLOWN AWAY at how happy i am
:eek:

thanks again guys
:thu:

Hey Bro how much did you pay for that bad boy???? VERY interested

Thanks

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by SLOhand

Hey Bro how much did you pay for that bad boy???? VERY interested

Thanks

you can get em for 30 - 40 stinkin dollars easily ...

I traded my bad monkey for one!

can you say 'sleeper'

• Members

Originally posted by loofery

good going stangme I think I've told 4 people to get the arion and you were the only one who came through.. to the other people, i told you so!

L6, you have such good taste in gear, I don't think I would ever trade you for anything, because if a pedal was good, you wouldn't be spamming it !

haha -- thanks for the compliment :D much as i'd love to hold on to all the good 'uns, unfortunately i've only got so much space, and time to use all the gear -- and theres so many pedals and so little time. the bad bob i'm spamming is great, but theres other stuff i wanna try. i'll get to the BB again, someday.

ultimately, theres my 'keeper pile,' stuff that i wont sell, even if its not getting any/much use -- the arion is in that pile. ;)

Archived