Ibanez AD-9 owners - set me straight!

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

What about the reissues?

Not as well as the Boss on the stock setting but there's a trimpot inside the battery compartment turn that to 3 o'clock and it sounds slightly darker oscilates a lot better.

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

Not as well as the Boss on the stock setting but there's a trimpot inside the battery compartment turn that to 3 o'clock and it sounds slightly darker oscilates a lot better.

Ahhh will it run out like the DM-3's though .... you know how you can wind the feedback speed right up and then peak it out then shoot to slow and get that "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! whomp --- whomp ---- whomp "

Can it do that?

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Bugger!

I always see people posting about whether or not an Analog delay can self-oscillate - do you guys really use that function? I've never ever wanted or needed that ability, are you playing songs that require it or what? I mean, other than some sonic freak out at the end of a show I've never even heard guys using it...

• Members
Originally posted by erksin

I always see people posting about whether or not an Analog delay can self-oscillate - do you guys really use that function? I've never ever wanted or needed that ability, are you playing songs that require it or what? I mean, other than some sonic freak out at the end of a show I've never even heard guys using it...

Errr yeah ... absolutely I use it and that's why I miss it. Looks like the Ibanez DE7 does what I want in a fairly affordable unit without all the vintage hype ... I listened to some clips and it was bang on for the Self Oss ... :thu:

• Members

Errr yeah ... absolutely I use it and that's why I miss it. Looks like the Ibanez DE7 does what I want in a fairly affordable unit without all the vintage hype ... I listened to some clips and it was bang on for the Self Oss ...
:thu:

In what context are you using it? Not that it isn't cool, but I just haven't heard it used for anything other than a gimmick...

• Members

In what context are you using it? Not that it isn't cool, but I just haven't heard it used for anything other than a gimmick...

Hard to explain ... within the normal context of the song essentially - you only have to use your imagination to imagine it in context - freak out, space rock, psych - all the good stuff I grew up on.

• Members

Hard to explain ... within the normal context of the song essentially - you only have to use your imagination to imagine it in context - freak out, space rock, psych - all the good stuff I grew up on.

Cool - any clips?

• Members

Cool - any clips?

Not currently which is why I want to get another pedal that does it ... I sold my old DM-3 cause I had a Space Echo at the time - then I sold the Space Echo and downsized to the DD20 but the DD20 did not do self Oss like the Space Echo and the DM-3 ...

• Members

Hey tiki , if you just want self oscillating , i say de7 is the way to go ...

Its the oscillated king , for under 50 bucks.. and its echo sim is pretty good. I wouldn't spend extra money just for oscillation , when the de7 is up there with the rest of them ..

• Members

Originally posted by StratAtak83

Hey tiki , if you just want self oscillating , i say de7 is the way to go ...

Its the oscillated king , for under 50 bucks.. and its echo sim is pretty good. I wouldn't spend extra money just for oscillation , when the de7 is up there with the rest of them ..

That's exactly what I plan to do ... was chatting to another forumite about earlier after I DL'd the clips from the Ibanez site ... no idea why I haven't cottoned on to this box earlier!

Can you recommend where the cheapest deal is online that ships internationally?

• Members

I always see people posting about whether or not an Analog delay can self-oscillate - do you guys really use that function?

I never use it...

...I was just saying bugger on behalf of Tiki here.

Archived