OT: Photoshop users, need your help

BAM

• Members

Okay guys, i know there are a lot of experienced photoshopers lurking around here, so here it goes.

I'm trying to add text to an image in a circular pattern. For instance:

http://i5.tinypic.com/11ky3xe.jpg

11ky3xe.jpg

And to make things convenient, the image posted is AN EXACT REPLICA of the image I need to edit! WOW!

Basically, see where it says 'MARATHON', I need to change that text, but cant get the letters straight (straight as in along a perfect cirlce) So if anyone has any ideas on how I can do this (Without free-transforming every letter) that wold be great. And if someone is in a really good mood tonight and doesnt have anything else to do, maybe they would change the text "MARATHON" and replace it with "NEW TRIER MARATHON" and send the photoshop file to ekoston200@gmail.com so I can add some final touches to it. Whatever works. Thanks guys!

• Members

...well, let me see... You could try this:

1 - I did it on PowerPoint, I suppose it's far more easier and smooth on Photoshop.

2 - Using the same color as the original Marathon, setting both New and Trier in horizontal form.

• Members

Easy!
Go to Photoshop, and draw a path (either using the pen tool or the shape tool). Then, with that path selected in the layers/paths palette, go to the Type tool. If you hover over the selected path with the type tool, it should change to having a wiggly line underneath it, rather than a straight one. Click the mouse, and you should start typing your text on the path where you clicked.

• Members

Originally posted by Vince

Easy!

Go to Photoshop, and draw a path (either using the pen tool or the shape tool). Then, with that path selected in the layers/paths palette, go to the Type tool. If you hover over the selected path with the type tool, it should change to having a wiggly line underneath it, rather than a straight one. Click the mouse, and you should start typing your text on the path where you clicked.

i tried that, and i couldnt get it to work. I drew a path but the type tool wasnt changing. I'll mess around with it a bit more

• Members

I would probably do this in Illustrator, but here's a way to do it in Photoshop CS2.

Draw circle with circle marquee tool. Convert to path. Select type tool. Click on path. Type text (you should get a separate type layer). I'm using the font Eurostile Bold, cant tell what the font used on your sample is. Rotate text so it is centered with the top of circle. Use generous tracking so letters dont run into each other (I used 50). Drop text off baseline so middle of text is on your circle path (I used -15). See image attached.

Good luck!

• Members

Type your text in Photoshop, then click on the "Warp Text" button in the options bar (it's a letter T with a bent line underneath). Choose Arc from the style menu and play around with the settings. If the text looks too stretched, you can condense it by clicking the Character Palette and changing the text width (the icon for width is a fat T with a double sided arrow underneath).

I hope this helps :D

• Members
Originally posted by GraphicFuzz

I would probably do this in Illustrator, but here's a way to do it in Photoshop CS2.

Draw circle with circle marquee tool. Convert to path. Select type tool. Click on path. Type text (you should get a separate type layer). I'm using the font Eurostile Bold, cant tell what the font used on your sample is. Rotate text so it is centered with the top of circle. Use generous tracking so letters dont run into each other (I used 50). Drop text off baseline so middle of text is on your circle path (I used -15). See image attached.

Good luck!

Isn't that what I said?:confused::wave:

Archived