anybody own an aquarium?

• Members

I finished putting my new one together yesterday.

Thought i was going to be able to reuse my old air pump, but apparently it burnt out, so I got another.

Another two days for this water to cycle, then fish!

Oh yeah, have to zip tie some cabling behind it as well.

Who else has a nice sized tank?

11mgh1v.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by LoneStarGuitar

I finished putting my new one together yesterday.

Thought i was going to be able to reuse my old air pump, but apparently it burnt out, so I got another.

Another two days for this water to cycle, then fish!

Oh yeah, have to zip tie some cabling behind it as well.

Who else has a nice sized tank?

11mgh1v.jpg

That's nice! :thu:

do an update with the fishes in.

• Members

Cool tank set-up. I used to have a few aquariums set up around the house. Goldfish were what I kept in them. It got crazy at one point. I had

2x5 gallon sick tanks (good to have for isolating new /sick fish)

3x10 gallon tanks

2x30 gallon tank

1x55 gallon tank

get this..a kiddy pool filled with baby koi.

I had all these going at once. Had about 30 fish total. I had the kiddy pool and one of the 30 gallons set up in a 12x12.5 (8ft ceiling 2xlarge windows) room with all kinds of plants and a few perches here and there because I had 3 parakeets flying around the room free and easy. It was a sight to behold to say the least.

These days I have one ten gallon tank with a Male Betta fish. I use an aquaclear filter. Looks like you have one too. It is a pretty "posh" set-up with those "soft-silky" fake plants a real spider plants "babies" growing on top. He seems happy.

• Members

Originally posted by Burningleaves

Cool tank set-up. I used to have a few aquariums set up around the house. Goldfish were what I kept in them. It got crazy at one point. I had

2x5 gallon sick tanks (good to have for isolating new /sick fish)

3x10 gallon tanks

2x30 gallon tank

1x55 gallon tank

get this..a kiddy pool filled with baby koi.

I had all these going at once. Had about 30 fish total. I had the kiddy pool and one of the 30 gallons set up in a 12x12.5 (8ft ceiling 2xlarge windows) room with all kinds of plants and a few perches here and there because I had 3 parakeets flying around the room free and easy. It was a sight to behold to say the least.

These days I have one ten gallon tank with a Male Betta fish. I use an aquaclear filter. Looks like you have one too. It is a pretty "posh" set-up with those "soft-silky" fake plants a real spider plants "babies" growing on top. He seems happy.

very, very nice.

I somewhat forgot the makes and models of all my equipment, but i made sure everything was rated for a 100 gallon tank as opposed to just a 50. The price difference was rather negligible, and I figured that when it comes to filtration and aeration, more is better.

Overall, I think i have about 450 invested here, not all that much when one considers how much it actually adds to a room.

This place that it is located is kind of a bummer, but once again, that what happens when ya are living with the parents to save cash!

I have never maintained a salt tank.

I really want to do about a 150 gallon salt full of "nasties," you know, morays, lionfish, stonefish, urchins, octopi, etc.. basically the {censored} that might kill you.

Can you buy stingrays for tanks?

• Members

yeah dude aquarium are cool! def an update one is populated.

i used to have a 10 gallon tank with the 3 goldfish, a week after i got it one fo the goldies died, then 3 days later another one, so i got was told that the water wanst ready for fish so i basically just left the 3rd one in there waiting for ti to die. but he never did, he got fat , and we called him Gordo, 2 years later his nickname was the head cause he was the sixe of a grown mans fist, and looked like a head floating in a fish tank. he lasted a really long time too like 4 years. pretty good for a ballerina goldie

• Members

Originally posted by usa83strat

yeah dude aquarium are cool! def an update one is populated.

i used to have a 10 gallon tank with the 3 goldfish, a week after i got it one fo the goldies died, then 3 days later another one, so i got was told that the water wanst ready for fish so i basically just left the 3rd one in there waiting for ti to die. but he never did, he got fat , and we called him Gordo, 2 years later his nickname was the head cause he was the sixe of a grown mans fist, and looked like a head floating in a fish tank. he lasted a really long time too like 4 years. pretty good for a ballerina goldie

Ya, Goldfish can get pretty big. Thats one of the reason I ended up with so many tanks. The goldfish would "outgrow" their tank and I would have to get a bigger one...Then you know I would say.."well might as well get some small ones for the empty tank". Fish are fun pets.

• Members
Originally posted by Armoredfist316

Here is mine: Its a 55 gal with african cichlids in it. I have another saltwater and a chameleon but i dont have pictures of those.

046_46.jpg

050_50.jpg

You know, if you gave them some really fine gravel many of them would start to dig and nest. It's pretty cool watching them work. I used to have an African cicchlid tank till I got two green-spotted puffer fish. Those little bastards were evil. They ate everyone. :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

You know, if you gave them some really fine gravel many of them would start to dig and nest. It's pretty cool watching them work. I used to have an African cicchlid tank till I got two green-spotted puffer fish. Those little bastards were evil. They ate everyone.
:freak:

sounds like you had my old tiger oscar's cousin.
that mother{censored}er cleaned out my old cichlid tank.
Finally grew to about 10" long so i sold him to a pet store for about 90 bucks.

• Members

over the years ive had just about everything in tanks or cages from pythons and boas when i was young to hedgehogs, large iguanas, parrots, sea horses/starfish and so-on

my mother was an animal lover and we sure always had lots around.

but today other than the parrot/dog/cats i have at my house here is the only thing in a tank:

my girl, Chronic - i had to put her in a 30 gallon tank cause the 10 gallon was just too small

underside.jpg

and here:

MVC-014S.jpg

she sure goes through alot of crickets/grubworms/pinky mice in the summer and then chills all winter wanting no food....

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

You know, if you gave them some really fine gravel many of them would start to dig and nest. It's pretty cool watching them work. I used to have an African cicchlid tank till I got two green-spotted puffer fish. Those little bastards were evil. They ate everyone.
:freak:

The gravel actually isnt that big. It is all the sizes mixed together. When we had the big ice storm last year, we didnt have power for 7 days and the temp outside was 14-25 degrees outside so needless to say, every fish died. I had active breeding pairs in there too :( Anyways, i am just starting this up again. This picture is about 6 months old now, but the cichlids are already starting to wreak havok with the gravel.

along time ago I had a texas cichlid that killed everything else in the tank so he was in there alone for a while till i sold him and he would push all the gravel to the front and stack it half way up the glass.

• Members

I did up until the heater broke and all the fish died at once. I was eight, and I was devastated... but not quite as much as when one of my hampsters chewed its dad's leg off and later had a litter with its mom. I'm glad all I have now is my one cat. Once she's gone, I probably won't ever have another pet. I'm simply calloused.

• Members

I want to get a big assed tank sometime, I remember when I was much smaller we had a tank with loads of different fish, until they gradually died and nobody replaced them

I remember lots of neon tetra's (which are the ultimate in cool looking fish) some angel fish (the zebra ones) and a catfish (who zoomed about sucking the glass) and probably some more

what sort of work is involved in looking after tropical fish? it is tempting to get a big tank full of fish, just nice and relaxing sitting watching the fish swim about all day

David

Archived