gnx3000 vs G7.1ut

eko

• Members

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make my decision on buying a new effect.

I'm especially interested in tube drive tones and amp emulators. I play rock and study on technic of guitarists like Satriani, Malmsteen and Vai.

So which is the right one; ZOOM G7.1ut or Digitech GNX3000.

• Members

Heard great things about both tone/soundwise.

The G7 is very fast in terms of patch switching, while the GNX is kinda slow.

The G7 has a new processor with better specs (24bit/96khz, 32bit processing), while *I suppose* the GNX has better specs in terms of USB recording capabilities, 24bit *I guess* (Zoom G series can only record at 16bit).

Both will give you lots of options for tweaking and such, so, I don't know...

I suggest you to give a look at the manuals and test them if you can, take the one you like the most.

• Members

I recently purchased the g9.2tt and had tried out the gnx3000 extensively as well. I prefered the g9.

The demo sounds on Zoom's site are a total joke. They could not have done a poorer job of representing what the unit can do. I highly recommend you go and try out both units yourself, using headphones.

I found it had a much more robust engine for tones and the ability to get a really wide pallette of sounds is there for the tweaking. Im not sure of the difference between the g9 and g7 in terms of actual sound production however, so its possible my comparison does not apply.

• Members

Originally posted by germanicus2112

I recently purchased the g9.2tt and had tried out the gnx3000 extensively as well. I prefered the g9.

The demo sounds on Zoom's site are a total joke. They could not have done a poorer job of representing what the unit can do. I highly recommend you go and try out both units yourself, using headphones.

I found it had a much more robust engine for tones and the ability to get a really wide pallette of sounds is there for the tweaking. Im not sure of the difference between the g9 and g7 in terms of actual sound production however, so its possible my comparison does not apply.

thanks for the tid bit of the sound clips on there site. I have a podxtlive and was thinking about trading it for a used G9 but i listened to the sound samples i completely wrote it off. Maybe i should go try one in person.

• Members

This was recorded direct to ibook via USB using my GNX3000. I think it gives a good tone.

I would love to invest in a Zoom G7 also.

the sound community at Digitech has many sound clips from us GNX3000 owners, check it out

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/patches/GNX3000/slowjam_macman.mp3

If anyone can post clips of G7 I would be very grateful

cheers:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by ouch1234

i had the g9 and it sounded like crap..sorry..but the gnx3k sounds way better as does my tonelab se...

the g9 was fizzy and thin to my ears.

Things like this make me believe I need to demo a G9 before I'd consider buying one. There are some great clips of the G9 over on my TSB forum by a guy named "Scali", but every other day I do read about "thin/fizzy" too... thus, it is better to demo first.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Try them both out before you make your decision. And when you go to try them out don't just use headphones. That is not always the best way to get a realistic idea of how it is going to sound in your application. I went with a GNX3000 purely because it sounded great through a power amp and 4x12 cabinet. I plugged in some headphones to it one night and it sounded great but a little different. The filters and output amps they use on the headphone circuit are not the same as the main outputs of most units.

Archived