OT: The best tele around $1,500?

Arjae

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

I haven't completely ruled them out yet. There's a place near me that is the only Fender Custom Shop dealer in New England and he also carries a ton of G&L's. The last time I was in there, he had just got a Custom Shop '67 tele. It was really sweet. $2,400 and change though. He has a lot of nice CS stuff. So I try and avoid going there.
;)

I tried to buy a Fender till I went to A guitar show and played the ASAT!!!

The tone and workmanship were hands down better for my money!! :) I LOVE my ASAT. My .02

1334452TTE6.JPG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you could prob find a used nos fender nocaster, which is pretty much the best guitar i've had my hands on. i've played 50's tele's too, and i still think my ri nocaster feels better than about 3 of the 5 i've played.

• Members
Originally posted by MonkeyKnifeFighter

I've had Tele GAS for quite some time. I think it'll be the next 'expensive' guitar that I purchase.

I'm currently drooling over this:

p36325g.jpg

But threads like this help to see what else is out there besides the Big F.

~MkF!

"Chicken!"

those are some WIKID flames!:freak:

• Members

I found her yesterday (didn't buy it though). I walked into my local Fender dealer that carries custom shops and he brought me out back to show me a brand spanking new '51 Nocaster Relic that just came in. It was still packaged up. We opened the box, took her out and it was a surreal experience. Light relic job done perfect. The neck was incredible. Played better than any guitar I have ever held. We weighed it and it came in at 6.5 lbs. After that, I checked out the '67 custom shop relic tele he had and it wasn't even close to being as cool as the Nocaster. I checked out every G&L he had in the place and they all felt like Squiers compared to the Nocaster. I am in love fellas. I think I am going to put down a deposit tomorrow on her and try to make it happen over the next 90 days.

Check the spam thread soon for a LOT of stuff to be moved. ;)

• Members

thats funny late afew nights ago i posted, how you should try and find a used nocaster,because i had just picked one up used for $1600.00 and thought it was great.then i reread your post about the no CS stuff,so i deleted my post.i guess the 52 RI comes close but i've never played one.

• Members

I found her yesterday (didn't buy it though). I walked into my local Fender dealer that carries custom shops and he brought me out back to show me a brand spanking new '51 Nocaster Relic that just came in. It was still packaged up. We opened the box, took her out and it was a surreal experience. Light relic job done perfect. The neck was incredible. Played better than any guitar I have ever held. We weighed it and it came in at 6.5 lbs. After that, I checked out the '67 custom shop relic tele he had and it wasn't even close to being as cool as the Nocaster. I checked out every G&L he had in the place and they all felt like Squiers compared to the Nocaster. I am in love fellas. I think I am going to put down a deposit tomorrow on her and try to make it happen over the next 90 days.

Check the spam thread soon for a LOT of stuff to be moved.
;)

I have a '51 Nocaster CC Custom Shop I bought used for $1400.00 USD, what will that Relic end up costing you?

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

Man....I know you prefer new but 1500 will get you a second hand MINT condition 2005-/2006 Suhr that will just blow the Fender out of the water and you can pick up a MINT Nitro Finished Grosh for even less.

+1. Include a used Tom Anderson model within these suggestions.

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

I have a '51 Nocaster CC Custom Shop I bought used for $1400.00 USD, what will that Relic end up costing you?

$2,100. More than I intended but why not get THE one right? :)

At first I was against even looking that high but the realization has hit that this is the one that will make me happy. It just feels right. Since I played it, all the other teles just don't measure up IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by basscracker

thats funny late afew nights ago i posted, how you should try and find a used nocaster,because i had just picked one up used for $1600.00 and thought it was great.then i reread your post about the no CS stuff,so i deleted my post.i guess the 52 RI comes close but i've never played one.

Yeah, I was against looking at that price point but I think that I have to to be satisfied with this purchase. The '52 RI doesn't even touch this '51 relic I played yesterday.

• Members

Yeah, I was against looking at that price point but I think that I have to to be satisfied with this purchase. The '52 RI doesn't even touch this '51 relic I played yesterday.

nice work my man. like i said before, these nocasters are magical. all the twang you want from a tele, but they have this throaty, buttery, heavy mid/low range that is all muscle. the beefy necks are fabulous too. not to mention the nitro finish, the fret work...i could go on.

• Members

Originally posted by vanguard

nice work my man. like i said before, these nocasters are magical. all the twang you want from a tele, but they have this throaty, buttery, heavy mid/low range that is all muscle. the beefy necks are fabulous too. not to mention the nitro finish, the fret work...i could go on.

Couldn't agree more. As corny as it sounds and I hate the cliche, but this guitar connected to me. To the point that I will do whatever it takes to make it happen. I haven't had another guitar hit me like this one has. Like, he gets these in on an irregular basis. He is not scheduled to see another until September. The last one he had was two weeks ago and it sold the day he hung it on the wall. Unplugged, it was the most perfect guitar I have ever played. Plugged in was even better.

• Members

$2,100. More than I intended but why not get THE one right?
:)

At first I was against even looking that high but the realization has hit that this is the one that will make me happy. It just feels right. Since I played it, all the other teles just don't measure up IMO.

Yeah I agree whole heartily, I use to laugh at the price of Custom Shops until a buddy of mine showed up with a '56 Relic Strat...needless to say now I own two CS's, a '51 Nocaster CC and a '56 Strat Relic, if I had bought them sooner there would be allot less guitars around here :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

Yeah I agree whole heartily, I use to laugh at the price of Custom Shops until a buddy of mine showed up with a '56 Relic Strat...needless to say now I own two CS's, a '51 Nocaster CC and a '56 Strat Relic, if I had bought them sooner there would be allot less guitars around here
:thu:

Exactly! I see myself getting the herd down from where it is now (11 or 12?) to a much smaller number. Once I can acquire the Nocaster, next will be one of the CS '69's that he has. I played that and it equally blew me away.

OK..... back to gathering pics and prices of my going out of business sale that is impending over here! :D

• Members

I haven't completely ruled them out yet. There's a place near me that is the only Fender Custom Shop dealer in New England and he also carries a ton of G&L's. The last time I was in there, he had just got a Custom Shop '67 tele. It was really sweet. $2,400 and change though. He has a lot of nice CS stuff. So I try and avoid going there.
;)

Yep ASAT Classic, fantastic guitars, great pickups, frets, neck.

Try and get a lightish one, some of them tend to be overly heavy IMHO

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

I've got a G&L ASAT BluesBoy that is fantastic.

Me too! :)

I also have an American Deluxe Tele that I paid about $900 for (used) which I love to death. Rick - if you're looking at $1500 - why not look at the American Deluxe? Better yet - go play one - then wait for a excellent condition used one and save $400-$500?

Play on Brother. :cool:

• Members

$2,100. More than I intended but why not get THE one right?

Okay -I should have read this whole thread before posting. Nevermind Rick - you've went and Rev'd yourself. :D

:wave:

Archived