taking apart...the dl4

• Members

hey im having like wierd button problems with my dl4...they are kinda like...not working properly..like when i go to hit the record/overdub button it turns on the play/stop button..instead..so i would like to take it apart and look at it maybe clean it up a little but i cannot get the board out of the shell...and i removed all the visible screws??? help?

• Members

Originally posted by xrecoilx666

hey im having like wierd button problems with my dl4...they are kinda like...not working properly..like when i go to hit the record/overdub button it turns on the play/stop button..instead..so i would like to take it apart and look at it maybe clean it up a little but i cannot get the board out of the shell...and i removed all the visible screws??? help?

remove the hex screw...and pull the black knobs off of the front.

• Members

Like, did you remove the silver standoff that is like in the middle of the board? It might not be like so obvious at first but it like holds it all in. Short of that, like, the knobs on like the outside, need to be like pulled on really hard to like get everything to like free up. There was like a thread on here like a while back where like someone (I think RyanSpeer) was like having the same issue. I am not sure if like there were more replies there that like helped explain it all. I like looked inside mine once but ended up just like leaving it alone. Like.

Like good luck! :D

And like welcome to HCEF. :wave:

• Members

yah i have been searching around...for a while now..till i ended up..here....i have it apart pretty much all the way right now..i just need to figure out how to get the board out and...the black knobs are not really budging so..like...i dont know maybe ill just keep at it...

• Members

pull them just straigh up..towards me...or like...twist and turn?

straight towards you....get a rag and some needle-nose pliers. damn near impossible to pull of with your fingers, unless you are one of these guys...

full_power.jpg

• Members

yah i have been searching around...for a while now..till i ended up..here....i have it apart pretty much all the way right now..i just need to figure out how to get the board out and...the black knobs are not really budging so..like...i dont know maybe ill just keep at it...

From what I hear, they REALLY need a good yanking to get them to budge.

• Members

yeah, pliers for the knobs.

you also need to take the black threaded nut things off all the jacks on the back

However, it doesnt sound like your problem is a mechanical error. the tactile switches that the stomps hit are NOWHERE near each other. If you dont see anything weird try a factory reset

Archived