bi-fet preamp in the house

• Members

yeah i know its a DOD and yeah they are not the rarest pedal but i wanted a second eq and found this for $25, so i couldnt pass it up. good clean boost with a tone knob does exactly what i needed the second eq for. now i just need a phaser and delay. but i cant seem to stop[ buying gain pedals.

• Members

great pedal aint it?

these guys here turned me onto them and i got one, its such a damn good clean boost. i use it for things like punching up tubes at lower volumes to driving loud amps harder, i even run a mic straight into the bi-fet and my PC to mic my amps....its got that much boosty stank :mad:

great pedal......probably the best pedal with the worst door ever.

• Members

i have two dods at the moment

the attacker and the death metal

both great at what they do as i use them as replacements for my old ibanez comp and the fuzz 50

same great tone from my rig as allways

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

meh, i leave my on 100% of the time.
:wave:

im using mine to boost and take some of the shrillness in the bridge pup, witch is what i wanted the second eq for. but this one can work as a boost for my bridge or any other pup.

• Members

i dont know what ayou guys mena by gritty. it seems pretty clean to me and i was cranking the thing earlyer. now run this cranked into a compressor and it sounds gritty but in a good way. but i can hear compression overdrive not booster overdrive

• Members

Originally posted by StratAtak83

Yeah i use one too .. its pretty gritty ... i use it with a deluxe reverb . I leave it on lots ..

but still wanan try other boost out there ..

Mine's not gritty at all. I've had it last in the chain for over a year now, best damn clean boost I've ever used. Rehouse it and you could get $150 a pop for them easily. Got mine for $25.

I've been through a lot of boosters, and now I'm really digging my Kaden Effects Pavo Booster, has a grit & volume knob, it sure can get mean but not raspy. I compare it sound-wise to a clearer Fat Boost or a meaner Bad Bob (I've had both).

Pro Tone Wide Tread, Catalinbread SCP, Fireman FX Baron & Beagle, CM Boost Kick, etc. etc. I've had them all.

I like the DOD for it's purity.

• Members

I found one awhile back at the local Schlong & McQuades for ~$18 USD, dead mint condition (and yes, with the battery lid that seems to get easily lost).

Truth be told I haven't used it much. I mean {censored}, if I had to choose between the DOD Bi-Fet and the Boss FA-1, the Boss FA-1 gets the gig (and it sounds way better).

• Members

Originally posted by ck3

How well does this pedal work with digital/solid state preamps?

just consider it a louder-izer (although it can also be a quiet-izer), with a tone control. you can drive a signal harder/hotter into whatever you like (tube or SS), but the results would be different.

i'd not suggest using it as an overdrive, if thats what yer askin.

Archived