Boss OD-3

• Members

Originally posted by jb1911

I'm buying all of them I can get my hands on, they are gonna get popular real fast. I hope.

You can still get them new. I don't think it is going to go up in value any time soon even if it is discontinued. That being said, it is one of the better Boss ODs. It has a nice low end boost. Not too piercing like other ODs.

• Members
Originally posted by the new guy

anybody?

Ive been using my od3 with my marshall mg15 (I know, I know..) on the clean channel. It sounds waaaaaay better than the amps od channel, and it really responds to the way you pick. :)

• Members

Just got my Blues Driver back from Monte with the H2O mod, and it is by far the best overdrive pedal I've ever heard. I've used quite a bit, OD-3, Keeley SD-1, Barber LTD, etc. and none of them have the tone of the H2O. I thought about calling in sick today so I could stay home and play it.

• Members
Originally posted by crazydawg1004

hi,

so i did the mod with the d6 and d7 today...

and i am so disappointed
:cry:
the "harshness" isn't there anymore but now i kinda miss it. now there's some "farty" overdrive when i play it with my strat..
:mad:

ouch.. that hurts . im keeping mine stock .. just keep the gain low and im good to go ..

• Members
Originally posted by jackpotjewell

I agree. I've been tempted to have mine modded, but I like the harshedness of it. Seems more "natural"

Yeah its def natural , a lil less harshness , and compression , it'll be perfect ..

I realized my favorite overdrive tone is my deluxe reverb cranked , thats as natural it gets.. :thu:

• Members

damn i cannot decide between a H20 BD-2, SD-1/808 modded pedal, or a T-Von (monte allums) modded OD-3.

I want something thats different from my Digitech Bad Monkey so i have different flavors of overdrive, which one do you guys like better that sounds alot different from the Bad Monkey?

• Members

If you want a different flavor from the Bad Monkey, I'd go for the BD-2. It's much more touch sensitive and grittier than the Bad Monkey, and has a pretty flat eq. I can't speak yet for the H2O mod, but I'll post something up after mine arrives. Even the stock BD-2 is cool, especially for low gain (below noon on the dial). The BD-2 for rhythm and Bad Monkey for leads would be a really good and relatively inexpensive way to go.

• Members

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro

If you want a different flavor from the Bad Monkey, I'd go for the BD-2. It's much more touch sensitive and grittier than the Bad Monkey, and has a pretty flat eq. I can't speak yet for the H2O mod, but I'll post something up after mine arrives. Even the stock BD-2 is cool, especially for low gain (below noon on the dial). The BD-2 for rhythm and Bad Monkey for leads would be a really good and relatively inexpensive way to go.

yeah after emailing back and forth with monte i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get the H20 BD-2. I played a stock BD-2 and that is a great sounding OD, kinda has a bit of distortion sound in there too (the grit sound).

Maybe later i'll get a 0D808 or clone then. Is the Bad monkey symmetrical clipping?

• Members

Just got mine, apart from changing a few caps and other stuff for more highquality stuff, I will leave this one deadstock, I like that sound it has, defently one of Boss' better drives, sounds really good on my Hiwatt and my small AC-15 clone, plus an old Blues Deville 4x10:)
Nice pedal.
Niels

Archived