Hmm...Islam.

• Members
Originally posted by beezdeez

The moral of the story is that there are horrible people of every religion, culture, geographic region, gender, race, etc. On the other hand, there are great people of each and you can miss out on a lot in life by spending your time categorizing people with prejudice.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by papa taco

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13150516/

I'm a pretty peaceful open-minded dude. But I think maybe we should start shipping these types home.

In body bags. {censored}ing islamibuggers can bite my Allah {censored}ing cock.

You {censored}ing hypocrite... You have some nerve slinging {censored} at America every chance you get. The ugliest {censored}ing Americans I have ever seen seem to be from abroad... :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

I'm a pretty peaceful open-minded dude. But I think maybe we should start shipping these types home.

In body bags. {censored}ing islamibuggers can bite my Allah {censored}ing cock.

I'm in agreement with CSK on this one.

Sure the radical Islamists are complete {censored}heads, but i suspect they're a tiny percentage of Islam.

All the muslims i know are people of the highest caliber who wouldn't bomb an ant.

• Members

I'm sorry, but this is in itself a whitewashing.

There are ENTIRE {censored}ING ISLAMIC COUNTRIES calling for the destruction of the Jews. Terrorist parties(Hamas) getting elected democratically. Vast majorities of certain societies that look at suicide bombing as being honorable, so honorable they have these teenage kids who believe they will meet Allah after blowing up a couple dozen Jews.

The problem with "extremist" Islam is that its so damn widespread.

The moral of the story is that there are horrible people of every religion, culture, geographic region, gender, race, etc. On the other hand, there are great people of each and you can miss out on a lot in life by spending your time categorizing people with prejudice.

• Members

Not to hijack the thread or anything but do any of yall (americans) ever think about moving out of the country. I think about it more and more each day. Esspecially when I hear more {censored} about our politics, war and the draft. It seems like we need a strong leader in our next president or we may be in a world of hurt. I'm not Bush bashing (liberal republican myself), I just don't think he is doing anything wonderful with the office. How is New Zealand this time of year?

• Members

I'm trying to perfect my anti-drug "moral of the story" right now. Next is my "don't take candy from a stranger or papa taco."

they don't get much stranger than papa taco...

Originally posted by Redfox777

Not to hijack the thread or anything but do any of yall (americans) ever think about moving out of the country. I think about it more and more each day. Esspecially when I hear more {censored} about our politics, war and the draft. It seems like we need a strong leader in our next president or we may be in a world of hurt. I'm not Bush bashing (liberal republican myself), I just don't think he is doing anything wonderful with the office. How is New Zealand this time of year?

full of hobbits.

i moved long ago and came back when everyone started talking about moving away. guess that makes me a bush supporter. :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

full of hobbits.

i moved long ago and came back when everyone started talking about moving away. guess that makes me a bush supporter.
:wave:

Haha badass!!!! Do I get to hook up with an elf chick?

• Members

Originally posted by Saucy Jack

Wouldn't it be geat if we could solve all of our conflicts with a pie in the face?

what a beautiful idea. no mascares, no terrorism in the name of a religion, just a pie in the face. if someone had beef with me, id take a pie in the face. also if everyone was givin a musical instrument at birth there would be less hate.

i don't hate anyone. i don't wanna hurt anyone. i just wanna play my guitar and screw!

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

There are ENTIRE {censored}ING ISLAMIC COUNTRIES calling for the destruction of the Jews. Terrorist parties(Hamas) getting elected democratically. Vast majorities of certain societies that look at suicide bombing as being honorable, so honorable they have these teenage kids who believe they will meet Allah after blowing up a couple dozen Jews.

Where do you get this information? You are giving into the whole goal of terror. To be afraid of something much larger than it actually is. How do you think these parties become elected? Democratically? A group of TERRORISTS being elected democratically. Think about that and see if that makes any sense.

I've spoken to a chapter leader of a Islamic organization at our school, and he told me that it is a topic at their meetings quite often: the disgust for actions of extremists.

I took the time to try to understand what is going on and thus understand the roots of things (unlike most people are willing to do before passing judgment). You will find that, yes, the extremists are centralized in their homeland. But that doesn't mean all Muslims. Not everyone in the thick of the Islamic region are extremists.

Taliban are extremists with the goal to exterminate cultural assimilation. This means killing the assimilated, the assimilators, and anyone who stands in the way. Read it up. They kill their own people.

I can't change your mind. I think you should actually speak to a few Muslim people. I've spoken to a few, some with very broken English and came straight over to go to school. They are genuinely happy to be here and away from turmoil. They don't support terrorists.

• Members

the title of this thread should be like islam extremists in canda or somethung. its just like saying jews. you can hate jews and all, im not saying that. i call blacks black and jews jews (im one), but arent there more islam believers than christains in the world?

ive had serious islam believing friends all my life and those guys that do the stuff are defientely different.

• Members

I'm not prejudiced against Muslims in the slightest. Sadly, though, extreme versions of Islam are far more widespread than you'd care to believe. Where do I get my information?

Hamas - a terrorist organization, elected democratically by the Palestinians. What part of that don't you agree with? Do you disagree that Hamas has the destruction of Israel written in their charter? Do you disagree that Hamas' ultimate goal is to wipe Israel off the map? Do you disagree that their leaders publicly honor suicide bombers? If not, you probably get your information from the same sources I do.

How about Iran? What does its president say about Israel and the Jews? I understand they are talking about little yellow stars for the Jews to wear. At least Jews can live there. In Saudi Arabia and Jordan, not to mention other countries, it is illegal to be a Jew.

I'm not prejudiced against Muslims, and I think there are many progressive and tolerant Muslims. All I am saying, is that extremist Islam is widespread, and that it is ignorant to give moral equivalency(as a whole) to Islam compared to other religions. Extremist Muslims are far more of a problem worldwide than extremist Christians, for example.

To just blow off the facts and say "oh there are extremists in every religion, Islam is no different", is severely hiding your head in the sand, IMO.

Where do you get this information? You are giving into the whole goal of terror. To be afraid of something much larger than it actually is. How do you think these parties become elected? Democratically? A group of TERRORISTS being elected democratically. Think about that and see if that makes any sense.

I've spoken to a chapter leader of a Islamic organization at our school, and he told me that it is a topic at their meetings quite often: the disgust for actions of extremists.

I took the time to try to understand what is going on and thus understand the roots of things (unlike most people are willing to do before passing judgment). You will find that, yes, the extremists are centralized in their homeland. But that doesn't mean all Muslims. Not everyone in the thick of the Islamic region are extremists.

Taliban are extremists with the goal to exterminate cultural assimilation. This means killing the assimilated, the assimilators, and anyone who stands in the way. Read it up. They kill their own people.

I can't change your mind. I think you should actually speak to a few Muslim people. I've spoken to a few, some with very broken English and came straight over to go to school. They are genuinely happy to be here and away from turmoil. They don't support terrorists.

• Members

This thread further confirms my theory that those who typically and mindlessly caste the first stone of 'racism' are the true racists (btw a term I find meaningless by itself) simply projecting their own self-loathing and fear onto the nearest scapegoat.

Extremists aren't Muslim, they're mentally ill humans...a very common weakness alas.

• Members

Also, I'd like to apologize to everyone for going against the grain and opposing your prejudices. I know it's much easier in life to go around fearing and hating what you don't understand.

I've lived in a Mid East...and you sound like an ignorant brainwashed kid that doesn't know a damn thing about Islam

You're experience with Islam is a propoganda group at your school? Are you joking? Maybe they can bake cookies and you'll convert to their death cult

My Dad was in medicine..and spent his time putting back together muslims that didn't know how to read...but certainly knew how to fight...stab...poison....shoot....mortar etc..each other to death

There was also the occassional beaten woman treatment...But that was only when they weren't Muslim enough...which was every woman we knew in the Muslim world..They all get beat..ALL of them..It's like a {censored}ing sport in Muslim countries

2 years was enough..we left...and never went back or felt sorry for those piece of {censored} throat-cutters ever again

Actually, I take that back...We felt sorry for the women. They don't deserve to be treated like that.. and we also felt sorry for the kids that were playing in raw sewage and not allowed to do anything other than recite the Koran..They didn't deserve that miserable treatment

Muslim men can burn in hell for what they've done to their women and children

And they can stay out of America...and they can stay out of Canada

• Members

Originally posted by jasonfuzz

I find it funny how their plan was essentially "Let's just rush the place and start slashin'". Honestly, what kind of plot is that?

the kind of plot you admit to when you are being tortured??? I dont know, but something really just doesnt seem right about the info coming out of this story.

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

I'm not prejudiced against Muslims in the slightest. Sadly, though, extreme versions of Islam are far more widespread than you'd care to believe. Where do I get my information?

Hamas - a terrorist organization, elected democratically by the Palestinians. What part of that don't you agree with? Do you disagree that Hamas has the destruction of Israel written in their charter? Do you disagree that Hamas' ultimate goal is to wipe Israel off the map? Do you disagree that their leaders publicly honor suicide bombers? If not, you probably get your information from the same sources I do.

And just how did they get elected? Fatah was so corrupt, and hamas was the only organization with any funding. Who organizes and administrates most of the schooling, and public services for the palestinians. The truth is 90% of what hamas does could almost be considered noble if it werent for the fact that they used it for recruitment.

How about Iran? What does its president say about Israel and the Jews? I understand they are talking about little yellow stars for the Jews to wear. At least Jews can live there. In Saudi Arabia and Jordan, not to mention other countries, it is illegal to be a Jew.

Yeah, its too bad the most liberal government in the middle east was invaded by us and will now probably become a theocracy

I'm not prejudiced against Muslims, and I think there are many progressive and tolerant Muslims. All I am saying, is that extremist Islam is widespread, and that it is ignorant to give moral equivalency(as a whole) to Islam compared to other religions. Extremist Muslims are far more of a problem worldwide than extremist Christians, for example.

To just blow off the facts and say "oh there are extremists in every religion, Islam is no different", is severely hiding your head in the sand, IMO.

I will take the bait, and agree with you that extreemism is more common in islam... but the question is why? Is it the religion its self... I dont think so. If Europe and the US were targets of surrogate wars, and rescource exploitation by middle east countries, we would probably be blowing up their embasies as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

NO.

1. christianity

2. islam

3. Non-religious

4. Hindu

O RLY?!

i'm surprised at #3. even in many european countries, where most don't actually have strong religious beliefs, the official figures for christians is at least 75%. same goes for s.american countries, etc.--not to mention islamic ones. i'm not challenging your figures, just saying i'm surprised.

Yeah, its too bad the most liberal government in the middle east was invaded by us and will now probably become a theocracy

i know what you mean--that the nation was secular and somewhat capitalist. but calling a country run by any dictator "liberal" is a misnomer.

I will take the bait, and agree with you that extreemism is more common in islam... but the question is why? Is it the religion its self... I dont think so. If Europe and the US were targets of surrogate wars, and rescource exploitation by middle east countries, we would probably be blowing up their embasies as well.

yeah, people blaming the religion and looking for proof in the koran are just misguided. for every war-waging verse there's one asking for acceptance of jews and christians. same goes for the torah and yet no-one blames thousands of years of anti-jewish oppresion on hte religion.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

O RLY?!

i'm surprised at #3. even in many european countries, where most don't actually have strong religious beliefs, the official figures for christians is at least 75%. same goes for s.american countries, etc.--not to mention islamic ones. i'm not challenging your figures, just saying i'm surprised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_religion
one thing the article doesnt mention is a reason. my guess is because china for many years did not allow the practice of religion. although many people there are budist, i would think much of the tradition is gone, and many others may still be afraid to practice it.

The definition of non-religious is also pretty broad

i know what you mean--that the nation was secular and somewhat capitalist. but calling a country run by any dictator "liberal" is a misnomer.

maybe.... i was using this argument to be argumentative anyways... could you please rephrase your statement in a way that would get more people mad :D

yeah, people blaming the religion and looking for proof in the koran are just misguided. for every war-waging verse there's one asking for acceptance of jews and christians. same goes for the torah and yet no-one blames thousands of years of anti-jewish oppresion on hte religion.

i would say there is a significant number of people (not a majority by any means) that just want to wipe the slate clean, so to speak, over there.

I remember after 9/11 all the prototypical alpha males i knew were saying {censored} like 'lets just nuke the whole middle east, and kill every muslim on earth'

I'm sure that would work out just great.... the one guy you miss is probably working in a nuclear physics in siberia, and would launch their entire arsenal on the rest of the world. good going.

Archived